cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Amir851
Frequent Visitor

Flow with Power BI Alert

Hi All,

I am new to Flow and I am trying to create a flow where we can have dynamic mail content based on the value in the card tile in Power BI service.

I have already created a flow and mapped that with a Power BI alert and my question of how can we have dynamic mail content based on the value present in the card tile as illustrated below.

if card tile value ==1 then

--Mail Content 

"The value of component 2 is breached "

else if card tile value ==2 then
--Mail Content

"The value of component 43 is breached "

else if card tile value ==3 then

--mail content 

"The value of component 103 is breached "

the card value determines which components it is. Instead of having different flow for a different component, I am thinking to have a single flow where we can change the name of the component based on the value we have in card tile.

Thanks in advance

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

Hi @Amir851 ,

Please check this online doc and get more details that we could get from Power BI service:

https://docs.microsoft.com/en-gb/connectors/powerbi/#definitions

Then you could use Switch or add multiple parallel branches to handle different situations.

Add multiple Send email action in these branches and configure different body contents.

Best Regards,

Community Support Team _ Barry
If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.

View solution in original post

4 REPLIES 4
ChristianAbata
Super User
Super User

Hi @Amir851  please could you share and screanshot? You can play with conditions but I'm not shure what you mean with card tile

Did I answer your question? Please consider to Mark
my post as a solution! to guide others :winking_face:

Proud to be a Flownaut!

If you want you can follow me at www.christianabata.com Quieres contenido en español? Síguenos en Power Automate LA

Dear @ChristianAbata ,

Thank you for your reply.

A card tile is a type of visual in Power BI and I have a dynamic card tile in a dashboard that displays value dynamically based on its criteria and I have created an alert on that Card Tile and I have also linked that alert to a flow. So My question is that I would like to have dynamic mail content in the body of a mail based on the value present in the card tile visual.

Card Tile.JPGalert.JPGRequired Dynamic content in email bodyRequired Dynamic content in email body

For Example, if the value of card tile is 1 then 

--mail content in the email body in the flow

the value of component 23 is breached

else if the value is 2 then

the value of component 44 is breached

else if the value is 3 

The value of component 45 is breached 

The email body shd have a dynamic body content

Thanks

Amir

@Amir851  mmm now I understand more unfortunally you can't manage the value to use it as variable.

Did I answer your question? Please consider to Mark
my post as a solution! to guide others :winking_face:

Proud to be a Flownaut!

If you want you can follow me at www.christianabata.com Quieres contenido en español? Síguenos en Power Automate LA

Hi @Amir851 ,

Please check this online doc and get more details that we could get from Power BI service:

https://docs.microsoft.com/en-gb/connectors/powerbi/#definitions

Then you could use Switch or add multiple parallel branches to handle different situations.

Add multiple Send email action in these branches and configure different body contents.

Best Regards,

Community Support Team _ Barry
If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.

View solution in original post

Helpful resources

Announcements
UG GA Amplification 768x460.png

Launching new user group features

Learn how to create your own user groups today!

Community Connections 768x460.jpg

Community & How To Videos

Check out the new Power Platform Community Connections gallery!

M365 768x460.jpg

Microsoft 365 Collaboration Conference | December 7–9, 2021

Join us, in-person, December 7–9 in Las Vegas, for the largest gathering of the Microsoft community in the world.

Users online (2,103)