cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
Frequent Visitor

Flow with Trigger Conditions of Yes/No

I am trying to start a flow with a create or modify an existing item action with trigger condition on a single select field of yes no. The logic I have used for other flows is not working- @equals(triggerBody()?['Submit for Review']?['value'],'Yes') - any ideas?

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Highlighted

Hi @cadutcher ,

Could you please share the screenshot of the configuration of the flow?

I have made a test on my side and I find the trigger condition wouldn't work now since the output of the item from the when an item is created or modified is an array now.

You could only add the condition under the trigger to achieve the requirement, and you could leave the if no branch blank if the condition don't meet.

What is the type of the single select field that you mentioned? Is it a Choice type field? Or is it a Yes/No type field?

If it is a Yes/No type field, you could refer to screenshot below to create the flow:

1.png

Best Regards,

Alice

Community Support Team _ Alice Zhang
If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.

View solution in original post

6 REPLIES 6
Highlighted
Super User III
Super User III

@cadutcher try using true instead of Yes.

Rob
Los Gallardos
If I've answered your question or solved your problem, please mark this question as answered. This helps others who have the same question find a solution quickly via the forum search. If you liked my response, please consider giving it a thumbs up. Thanks.

Highlighted

so this instead: @equals(triggerBody()?['Submit for Review']?['value'],true)

Highlighted

Hello @cadutcher 

@RobElliott  is right, you should use the value true, as you asked in the last post.

There is an additional issue with your expression - you have to use the columns internal name! That is the name without spaces!

Look at the list settings and check what is the real column name. If you did like me, then it would be "SubmitForReview" but if you defined it with spaces in the name, then the internal name would be "Submit_x0020_for_x0020_Review".

Also, remove the "?['value']" part, a Yes/No column does not have that!

Try it out and have fun 🙂

Kind regards, John

Highlighted
Community Support
Community Support

Hi @cadutcher ,

Have your problem been solved by @JohnAageAnderse  and @RobElliott 's solution?

Please take a try and let me know if the issue could be solved, if not, please share the run history of the flow when it has run failed and I would provide a proper solution for you.

Best Regards,

Alice

If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.

Highlighted

Hi Alice, 

Thanks for connecting. 

The flow is succeeding, but the trigger logic is not holding. The action triggers on both yes/no rather than stopping at false. Any ideas?

Highlighted

Hi @cadutcher ,

Could you please share the screenshot of the configuration of the flow?

I have made a test on my side and I find the trigger condition wouldn't work now since the output of the item from the when an item is created or modified is an array now.

You could only add the condition under the trigger to achieve the requirement, and you could leave the if no branch blank if the condition don't meet.

What is the type of the single select field that you mentioned? Is it a Choice type field? Or is it a Yes/No type field?

If it is a Yes/No type field, you could refer to screenshot below to create the flow:

1.png

Best Regards,

Alice

View solution in original post

Helpful resources

Announcements
Community Conference

Power Platform Community Conference

Check out the on demand sessions that are available now!

Power Platform ISV Studio

Power Platform ISV Studio

ISV Studio is designed to become the go-to Power Platform destination for ISV’s to monitor & manage published applications.

Top Solution Authors
Top Kudoed Authors
Users online (7,952)