cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Helpful
Resolver III
Resolver III

Flow with When a record is selected trigger does not appear in model-driven app bug

Hi All,

I have been creating flows using this trigger and I think there's a bug.

To do the steps below you'll need a model-driven app with the Account entity included to validate the behavior.

These steps result in failure for me:

1. From within a solution, create a new Flow - DO NOT HIT SAVE UNTIL ALL STEPS ARE COMPLETED
  2. Select the "When a record is selected" trigger, choose Default environment and Account as entity
  3. Add an action "Get a record" from the CDS (current environment) connection
  4. Rename the trigger to "When an Account is selected"
  5. Rename the action to "Get Account details"
  6. Name the flow : "Flow Test 1"
  7. Click Save
  8. Immediately, you'll see that the trigger's name has been reverted
  9. Go to model driven app, select an Account from a list and click the Flow button in the ribbon - "Flow Test 1" will not show

These steps result in success for me:

1. From within a solution, create a new Flow - DO NOT HIT SAVE UNTIL ALL STEPS ARE COMPLETED
  2. Select the "When a record is selected" trigger, choose Default environment and Account as entity
  3. Add an action "Get a record" from the CDS (current environment) connection
  4. Name the flow : "Flow Test 2"
  5. Click Save
  6. Go to model driven app, select an Account from a list and click the Flow button in the ribbon - confirm "Flow Test 2" appears

Anyone also observing something similar?

5 REPLIES 5
donalmc
Advocate II
Advocate II

This is driving me insane at the moment - flows with the CDS selected record trigger not appearing.

Another observation is that any time you leave a flow with the selected record trigger, you get the message about your changes not being saved.

donalmc
Advocate II
Advocate II

It definitely looks like the when a record is selected step should never be renamed. 

The rename step is greyed out after first save and a 'Rename is not supported for this step' popup appears.

donalmc_0-1605688242761.png

Helpful
Resolver III
Resolver III

Aha, I hadn't clicked on the little "i".  Yeah, I'm not sure if my steps above totally reproduce an error... I'm just seeing annoying behavior now where a Flow may or may not show up in the app - sometimes it shows up the next day and sometimes never.  That can't be the intended behavior.

I will say this for anyone working with these:  do NOT build a Flow past the first action until it shows up in the app.

donalmc
Advocate II
Advocate II

Yep - with the 'When a record is selected' trigger, here is my current get it working steps:

1. In a solution, create a flow with a 'When a record is selected' trigger.
  2. Add a 'Get Record' action (CDS current is fine).
    Don't rename either of these steps
  3. Save, close, publish and go for a walk - the flow can take up to 15 minutes to appear in the menu.

Really, what we need is the 'When a record is selected' trigger to be added to the CDS (current environment) list.  

sips1
Advocate II
Advocate II

Hi,

I have found out that if when creating the flow I rename the Record is selected trigger then I don't see the flow appear for triggering in the model driven app. Even when left overnight.

If I delete the trigger and re-add without renaming then save the flow I see it available for triggering in the model driven app.

It seems we can not rename the Record is selected trigger. 

Thanks,  

Helpful resources

Announcements
MPA_User Group Leader_768x460.jpg

Manage your user group events

Check out the News & Announcements to learn more.

Community Connections 768x460.jpg

Community & How To Videos

Check out the new Power Platform Community Connections gallery!

Welcome Super Users.jpg

Super User Season 2

Congratulations, the new Super User Season 2 for 2021 has started!

Carousel 2021 Release Wave 2 Plan 768x460.jpg

2021 Release Wave 2 Plan

Power Platform release plan for the 2021 release wave 2 describes all new features releasing from October 2021 through March 2022.

Top Solution Authors
Users online (2,037)