cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Helpful
Resolver III
Resolver III

Flow with When a record is selected trigger does not appear in model-driven app bug

Hi All,

I have been creating flows using this trigger and I think there's a bug.

To do the steps below you'll need a model-driven app with the Account entity included to validate the behavior.

These steps result in failure for me:

1. From within a solution, create a new Flow - DO NOT HIT SAVE UNTIL ALL STEPS ARE COMPLETED
  2. Select the "When a record is selected" trigger, choose Default environment and Account as entity
  3. Add an action "Get a record" from the CDS (current environment) connection
  4. Rename the trigger to "When an Account is selected"
  5. Rename the action to "Get Account details"
  6. Name the flow : "Flow Test 1"
  7. Click Save
  8. Immediately, you'll see that the trigger's name has been reverted
  9. Go to model driven app, select an Account from a list and click the Flow button in the ribbon - "Flow Test 1" will not show

These steps result in success for me:

1. From within a solution, create a new Flow - DO NOT HIT SAVE UNTIL ALL STEPS ARE COMPLETED
  2. Select the "When a record is selected" trigger, choose Default environment and Account as entity
  3. Add an action "Get a record" from the CDS (current environment) connection
  4. Name the flow : "Flow Test 2"
  5. Click Save
  6. Go to model driven app, select an Account from a list and click the Flow button in the ribbon - confirm "Flow Test 2" appears

Anyone also observing something similar?

4 REPLIES 4
donalmc
Advocate II
Advocate II

This is driving me insane at the moment - flows with the CDS selected record trigger not appearing.

Another observation is that any time you leave a flow with the selected record trigger, you get the message about your changes not being saved.

donalmc
Advocate II
Advocate II

It definitely looks like the when a record is selected step should never be renamed. 

The rename step is greyed out after first save and a 'Rename is not supported for this step' popup appears.

donalmc_0-1605688242761.png

Helpful
Resolver III
Resolver III

Aha, I hadn't clicked on the little "i".  Yeah, I'm not sure if my steps above totally reproduce an error... I'm just seeing annoying behavior now where a Flow may or may not show up in the app - sometimes it shows up the next day and sometimes never.  That can't be the intended behavior.

I will say this for anyone working with these:  do NOT build a Flow past the first action until it shows up in the app.

donalmc
Advocate II
Advocate II

Yep - with the 'When a record is selected' trigger, here is my current get it working steps:

1. In a solution, create a flow with a 'When a record is selected' trigger.
  2. Add a 'Get Record' action (CDS current is fine).
    Don't rename either of these steps
  3. Save, close, publish and go for a walk - the flow can take up to 15 minutes to appear in the menu.

Really, what we need is the 'When a record is selected' trigger to be added to the CDS (current environment) list.  

Helpful resources

Announcements
Process Advisor

Introducing Process Advisor

Check out the new Process Advisor community forum board!

MPA User Group

Welcome to the User Group Public Preview

Check out new user group experience and if you are a leader please create your group

MBAS on Demand

Microsoft Business Applications Summit sessions

On-demand access to all the great content presented by the product teams and community members! #MSBizAppsSummit #CommunityRocks

Users online (34,647)