cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Regular Visitor

Flow with a Condition Checking a Textbox Value

I am attempting to add a flow condition associated with a text field in my SharePoint list (Single line of text), but it is not functioning as expected. The flow does not fail, but the result is always set to False regardless of the text entry. The name of the field (Single line of text) in Sharepoint is Change. If the text in the field = Yes, then the condition should be true but it is always set to False. I'm guessing I need to make a change in advanced mode, but I am not having luck. Any ideas?

@contains(triggerBody()?['Change'], 'Yes')

I greatly appreciate the help.

1 REPLY 1
Community Support
Community Support

Hi @mea,

I have made a test on my side and don't have the issue that you mentioned.

The screenshot of my flow as below:

Capture.PNG

When an item is created in the sharepoint list as below:

Capture.PNG

The flow would run successfully as below:

Capture.PNG

Could you please share a screenshot of the configuration of your flow?

Could you please share a screenshot of your sharepoint list with items?

Please make sure the item in the single line of text column in  the sharepoint list would contain the string "Yes", and not "YES" or "yes", because the expression in flow would distinguish the uppercase and lowercase of the string.

Please let me know if your problem could be solved.

Best regards,

Alice

Helpful resources

Announcements
PP Bootcamp Carousel

Global Power Platform Bootcamp

Dive into the Power Platform stack with hands-on sessions and labs, virtually delivered to you by experts and community leaders.

secondImage

Power Platform Community Conference On Demand

Watch Nick Doelman's session from the 2020 Power Platform Community Conference on demand!

MPA Community Blog

Power Automate Community Blog

Check out the community blog page where you can find valuable learning material from community and product team members!

Top Solution Authors
Users online (3,799)