cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
digitech Advocate I
Advocate I

Flow with approval stages requesting additional information

I'm hoping someone can guide me with the logic of this.

I have already built a fairly basic form to sharepoint list to approval process however I am now at a stuck point.

I am currently only permitted to use forms to resolve basic processes I am currently building an approval process which needs to be something like this;

1. Submitted form triggers flow

2. Form response populated in Sharepoint list

3. Form response starts approval process

4.1 Approval process Yes/No 

4.2 Approval Yes - confirmation email and request for more information and link to second form requesting additional information

4.2 Approval No - decline email with approval comments - process ends

5. Second form with additional requested information is filled and triggers flow

6. Second form response populates additional information in to Sharepoint list

7.1 Approval process Yes/No 

7.2 Approval Yes - confirmation email - process ends

7.2 Approval No - decline email with approval comments - process ends

I am up to 4.2 but I am unsure how to proceed most efficient with 5 onwards without creating an entirely seperate flow?

2 REPLIES 2
Community Support
Community Support

Re: Flow with approval stages requesting additional information

HI @digitech,

Do you want to have all the steps within in one flow?

I am afraid that you may have to create two separate flows. One for the first approval process, one for the second approval process.

Here is a similar request on Multiple trigger for the same flow, please vote your idea at here:

https://powerusers.microsoft.com/t5/Flow-Ideas/Multiple-Triggers-For-The-Same-Flow/idi-p/41352

While you could try to use the HTTP action to build nested flows, please check the following blog for more details:

https://flow.microsoft.com/en-us/blog/build-nested-flows/

Best regards,

Mabel Mao

Community Support Team _ Mabel Mao
If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.
digitech Advocate I
Advocate I

Re: Flow with approval stages requesting additional information

Hi Mabel, 

Yes I came to the conclusion yesterday I would need;

• One sharepoint list
  • Two forms
  • Two flows

So I've split them up to emulate the above.

But I needed the data from both forms to be kept in the same place so what I have done is reused the ID from the first insertion in to the sharepoint list.

I then send this in the first approval email and get the user to input this ID in the second form.

I then match that ID from the second form with the item in the sharepoint list and update the item with the second lot of data.

EmailID.PNGSend ID in approval emailIDCapture.PNGRequest ID at second stageGetIDtoUpdate.pngUse ID to update sharepoint item

Not very elegant and relies on the user inputting the ID correctly but seems to work OK, not sure if there is a better way to achieve this.

Staged forms/multiple triggers would definitely be useful so I've voted, thanks for the link!

Helpful resources

Announcements
firstImage

New Ranks and Rank Icons released on April 21!

The time has come: We are finally able to share more details on the brand-new ranks coming to the Power Automate Community!

firstImage

Now Live: Power Virtual Agents Community!

We are excited to announce the launch of Power Virtual Agents Community. Check it out now!

firstImage

New & Improved Power Automate Community Cookbook

We've updated and improved the layout and uploading format of the Power Automate Cookbook!

thirdimage

Power Automate Community User Group Member Badge

Fill out a quick form to claim your user group badge now!

sixthImage

Community Summit North America

The top training and networking event across the globe for Microsoft Business Applications

Top Solution Authors
Users online (6,555)