Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
Helper I
Helper I

Flow with excel as connector

Hi,

I have been facing issues with my flow with excel connector. My requirement is to look for column status='Requested' then pick the rows and insert into SQL table. The changes I make in excel are not synced immediately, sometimes its taking few hours.

Ex: When I add the status as 'Requested', Save and close the excel, Flow is not picking that row immediately. sometimes it takes minutes and sometimes hours. Please help.

4 REPLIES 4
Highlighted
Solution Sage
Solution Sage

Re: Flow with excel as connector

Hi @papp ,

I have made some tests on my side, it doesn't has the issue you have mentioned.

I have made a flow for your scenario, please check it for a reference.

When I add a row with the Body column as 'Requested', the flow can pick it immediately.

I suggest you check the output of the 'List rows present in a table' action to see whether it can pick the new row each time.

Or you can add a 'Delay' action in the flow for a try.

Capture.PNG

Best Regards,

Community Support Team _ Zhongys

If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.

Highlighted
Helper I
Helper I

Re: Flow with excel as connector,

Hi v-zhos-msft,

Thanks for your reply. One thing is, excel file is in my one drive. The changes made to the excel are not picked by the flow, It is picked only after few hours. Not sure if this is something wrong with the flow or Onedrive sync.

Highlighted
Super User II
Super User II

The Excel connectors have extremly stringent limitations, which is why they generally aren't recommended by Flow experts. I've highlighted the main concerns below: 

Known Issues and Limitations

• The maximum size of an Excel file that is supported by the Excel Online (OneDrive) connector is 5 MB.
  • The data may not be up to date (there may be some delay) when filtering or sorting is used in the List rows present in a table action.
  • The List rows present in a table action supports basic filtering and sorting:
    - Supports the following filter functions: eq, ne, contains, startswith, endswith.
    - Only 1 filter function can be applied on a column.
    - Only 1 column can be used for sorting.
  • An Excel file may be locked in OneDrive for an update or delete up to 12 minutes since the last use of the connector.
  • A single Excel file should be used by a single connection to prevent writing data from multiple connections and possible data inconsistency.
Highlighted
Solution Sage
Solution Sage

Hi @papp ,

As you said, the excel file you used is in one drive.

So the change of the file need some time to sync. 

You need wait the file status to be ready, then run the flow.

Capture2.PNG

Best Regards,

Community Support Team _ Zhongys

If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.

Helpful resources

Announcements
firstImage

Super User Program Update

Three Super User rank tiers have been launched!

firstImage

Power Platform 2020 release wave 2 plan

Features releasing from October 2020 through March 2021

firstImage

New & Improved Power Automate Community Cookbook

We've updated and improved the layout and uploading format of the Power Automate Cookbook!

thirdimage

Power Automate Community User Group Member Badge

Fill out a quick form to claim your user group badge now!

Top Solution Authors
Top Kudoed Authors
Users online (4,683)