cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
Frequent Visitor

Flow with expression and dynamic content from Sharepoint List

I feel so stupid because I am failing to find information on how to combine an expression function like addDays(utcNow(), NumberDaysfromSharepointListColumn) and use the result as Text in a Message or if-Conditions. The triggerbody concept is hard to understand for me as a beginner.

I tried to write it as text, as expression and switching the tab to dynamic content and googled it and found one solution but, can it really be this complex?

Use Compose to get the Sharepoint Value, use then the expression with outputs("Composename").

Is it really that hard to accomplish what I need? It will get tedious with more complex with more inputs.

3 REPLIES 3
Highlighted
Super User
Super User

Re: Flow with expression and dynamic content from Sharepoint List

Hi @RadVine 

Tell us what would like to achieve, we will help you with the flow actions and conditions.

Hope it helps, please like it or mark it as a solution if it resolves your clarification or issue
-Sudharsan K...
Highlighted
Super User III
Super User III

@RadVine 

As @sudharsan1985 mentioned, let us know exactly what you are trying to do and we will try to assist.

You can find documentation on expressions here.

I don't think that anyone would disagree with you when you say that the environment for building expressions could be better...  In fact, the Power Automate team is working on enhancements to simply the expression creation experience.  If you turn on experimental features in your environment, you can take a look at what they're working on.  I would not suggest using the experimental features for you Production Flows.

Exp1.jpg

Exp2.jpg

If I have answered your question, please mark your post as Solved.
If you like my response, please give it a Thumbs Up.

Scott
Frequent Visitor

Exact problem is that once the expression was updated I could not edit it anymore. Basically I had to write the expression again from scratch everytime there I noticed there was a problem. 

Noticed that some other features in a "for each"-Loop didn't work either. Switched from Chrome Edge to Chrome and it worked.

When I was opening the debugging console outputs showed there were problems with login and other warnings that did not show up in Chrome. Working now.

Thanks for the tip with experimental settings, guys.

Helpful resources

Announcements
Community Conference

Power Platform Community Conference

Check out the on demand sessions that are available now!

Power Platform ISV Studio

Power Platform ISV Studio

ISV Studio is designed to become the go-to Power Platform destination for ISV’s to monitor & manage published applications.

Tech Marathon

Maratón de Soluciones de Negocio Microsoft

Una semana de contenido con +100 sesiones educativas, consultorios, +10 workshops Premium, Hackaton, EXPO, Networking Hall y mucho más!

Top Solution Authors
Top Kudoed Authors
Users online (6,725)