cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
mj4golf
Level: Powered On

Flow with more than three choices

I am trying to create a flow that checks to see if an event was created by one of three staff that are allowed to create events/appointments on the manager's calendar.  With an 'If' statement this would be easy using an  'or' but I don't see that anywhere this would be possible or if it is with WDL(?), I am not sure how to do it.  Or do I do just a bunch of IF's?  I looked at the 'Switch'  but that more for doing different actions for different conditions.  I am looking to do the same action if one of the conditions are met. 

The other question is if a condition isn't met, how would I delete the event from the calendar?  Is there some kind of id that can be used to identify the event?

Mike

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Community Support Team
Community Support Team

Re: Flow with more than three choices

Hi mj4golf,

Which calendar are you using? Office 365 Calendar or SharePoint Calendar?

Say you are using a SharePoint Calendar, you could consider to add a Condition in your Flow and configure the Condition with “Or” function.

If the event is created by three staffs that are allowed to create events on the manager’s calendar, do actions you want, such as send an email. If not, use “SharePoint-Delete item” action to delete the event.

Following screenshot is the flow I have configured.

In the Condition, I used the dynamic content “Created by DisplayName”.
In the Delete item action, you could delete the event using the dynamic content ID from the trigger “When a new item is created”.

4.PNG

Hope this could be a reference for you. Please feel free reply if you need more help.

Best regards,
Mabel Mao

Community Support Team _ Mabel Mao
If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.
3 REPLIES 3
Community Support Team
Community Support Team

Hi mj4golf,

Which calendar are you using? Office 365 Calendar or SharePoint Calendar?

Say you are using a SharePoint Calendar, you could consider to add a Condition in your Flow and configure the Condition with “Or” function.

If the event is created by three staffs that are allowed to create events on the manager’s calendar, do actions you want, such as send an email. If not, use “SharePoint-Delete item” action to delete the event.

Following screenshot is the flow I have configured.

In the Condition, I used the dynamic content “Created by DisplayName”.
In the Delete item action, you could delete the event using the dynamic content ID from the trigger “When a new item is created”.

4.PNG

Hope this could be a reference for you. Please feel free reply if you need more help.

Best regards,
Mabel Mao

If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.
mj4golf
Level: Powered On

Thank you for the reply.  Is there any documentation on the WDL language, like a command reference?

Community Support Team
Community Support Team

Hi mj4golf,

I assume that this doc about Workflow definition language could be a reference for you:
https://docs.microsoft.com/en-us/azure/logic-apps/logic-apps-workflow-definition-language

Please check it for more details.

Best regards,
Mabel Mao

Helpful resources

Announcements
firstImage

Microsoft Business Applications Virtual Launch Event

Watch the event on demand for an in-depth look at the new innovations across Dynamics 365 and the Microsoft Power Platform.

firstImage

Watch Sessions On Demand!

Continue your learning in our online communities.

Power Platform 2019 Release Wave 2 Plan

Power Platform 2019 Release Wave 2 Plan

Features releasing from October 2019 through March 2020.

thirdimage

Flow Community User Group Member Badge

Fill out a quick form to claim your user group badge now!

fifthimage

Microsoft Learn

Learn how to build the business apps that you need.

sixthImage

Power Platform World Tour

Find out where you can attend!

seventhimage

Webinars & Video Gallery

Watch & learn from the Flow Community Video Gallery!

Top Kudoed Authors
Users Online
Currently online: 258 members 4,312 guests
Please welcome our newest community members: