cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
smcb10
Frequent Visitor

Flow with multiple Approvals- update SP List if all responses Approve

I am having difficulty getting my Flow to work as intended. I need Approvals sent to multiple Approvers. If they all Approve, then I need to change the Status column in my SP List. I read multiple posts and added a 'compose' after the 'Start and Wait for Approval' but that didn't resolve my issue. I understand that the Outcome of multiple Approvals that require everyone to approve is a concatenated list of responses. I tried having my condition be 'does not contain Rejected' but that didn't work either; it's currently set up to be equal to Approve which I know doesn't work. Please help! 

smcb10_0-1621605270896.png

4 REPLIES 4
ScottShearer
Super User
Super User

@smcb10 

I believe that you want a Flow configured as I have below.  If anyone rejects, then the Outcome will be "Reject" and the Flow will continue.  If any approver rejects, the Flow does not wait for any additional responses.  If this isn't what you need, let me know and I'll suggest an alternative.

image.png

If I have answered your question, please mark your post as Solved.
If you like my response, please give it a Thumbs Up.

Scott
smcb10
Frequent Visitor

@ScottShearer I have it setup with the 'Approve/Reject- Everyone must approve' and that's where I'm running into issues being able to have a condition based on the outcome.

@smcb10 

Please see my example - your approval action should not be in a loop.  Also, you don't need to Compose action, you can just reference the Outcome which will contain a single value - either Approve or Reject.  

The only loop that you'll need is to build a semicolon delimited string of approver email addresses.  Use a String variable and then an append to sting action inside of a loop.  Use that variable for Approvers in the approve action.  Let me know where the approvers are coming from and I'll show you how to build the string.

If I have answered your question, please mark your post as Solved.
If you like my response, please give it a Thumbs Up.

Scott
smcb10
Frequent Visitor

@ScottShearer 

Power Automate automatically added the loop. Glad to know that it won't be needed! The approvers are stored in multiple columns within a SP List. One column allows multiple values and the other columns are a single person. 

Helpful resources

Announcements
UG GA Amplification 768x460.png

Launching new user group features

Learn how to create your own user groups today!

Community Connections 768x460.jpg

Community & How To Videos

Check out the new Power Platform Community Connections gallery!

M365 768x460.jpg

Microsoft 365 Collaboration Conference | December 7–9, 2021

Join us, in-person, December 7–9 in Las Vegas, for the largest gathering of the Microsoft community in the world.

Users online (1,887)