cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Pinoq
Helper IV
Helper IV

Flow with specific field change

I would like to create a flow that when the " Status" column is changed to "Checking", A automatically email send. I have used the "When an item is created or modified" as a trigger and add a condition if the "Status value" is equal to "Checking". But when the status of the case is under checking any other column change might trigger the email send to the staff. How can I avoid this?Someone said that can add a shadow list, can you teach me how to do so?

2 ACCEPTED SOLUTIONS

Accepted Solutions
efialttes
Super User III
Super User III

Hi!

Shrarepoint lists right? If you have Version History enabled for the Sharepoint list, you can get current item value and last item value and compare them. If both current and last Status Values are 'Checking' just stop processing

Here you are an screenshot with the procedure to get both curent and last item versions.

Flow_SPVersionHistory.png

In my example I was using as item ID an expression:

first(body('Get_items')?['value'])?['ID']

...that means I am getting the first item ID from my 'Get items' output, but if you already got the item ID as one of your previous outputs, use it instead

Hope this helps

Each time you click on any of our inspiring answers 'Thumb up' icon...
...an ewok scapes from the stormtroopers.

Be grateful, Thumbs up! Save the Galaxy for free!

Escribo sobre Power Automate en:
https://medium.com/anyone-can-automate/

Proud to be a Flownaut!

View solution in original post

v-alzhan-msft
Community Support
Community Support

Hi @Pinoq ,

The action "when a special column is modified in an item in a sharepoint list is not supported in microsoft flow currently, so it is difficult to check if the " Status" column is changed when an item is modified.

You could take a try with @efialttes 's solution to check the version for comparing the column's value.

And I would suggest an alternative way:

1. Create a Yes/No type column "StatusChanged" in the list, default value for the column in No.

2. Everytime add an item to the list, manually set the column to No at the same time, every time updated the item in the list, if the status column is modified, then manually set the column "StatusChanged" to Yes, if the status column isn't modified, then manually set the column "StatusChanged" to No.

3.Create the flow with trigger when an item is created or modified, add a Condition under the trigger to check if the "StatusChanged column is equal to true, and check if the " Status" column is equal to "Checking", Inside the if yes brabch of the Condition, send the email, leave the If no branch of the condition blank.

Best Regards,

Alice

Community Support Team _ Alice Zhang
If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.

8 REPLIES 8
efialttes
Super User III
Super User III

Hi!

Shrarepoint lists right? If you have Version History enabled for the Sharepoint list, you can get current item value and last item value and compare them. If both current and last Status Values are 'Checking' just stop processing

Here you are an screenshot with the procedure to get both curent and last item versions.

Flow_SPVersionHistory.png

In my example I was using as item ID an expression:

first(body('Get_items')?['value'])?['ID']

...that means I am getting the first item ID from my 'Get items' output, but if you already got the item ID as one of your previous outputs, use it instead

Hope this helps

Each time you click on any of our inspiring answers 'Thumb up' icon...
...an ewok scapes from the stormtroopers.

Be grateful, Thumbs up! Save the Galaxy for free!

Escribo sobre Power Automate en:
https://medium.com/anyone-can-automate/

Proud to be a Flownaut!

sudharsan1985
Solution Sage
Solution Sage

Hi @Pinoq 

When an item is created or modified, try to check the 'Status' field value for 'Checking' using the 'Condition' action. If the value is 'Checking' you can proceed with your next step, if not just do nothing.

Hope it helps, please like it or mark it as a solution if it resolves ur clarification or issue

-Sudharsan K...

Hope it helps, please like it or mark it as a solution if it resolves your clarification or issue
-Sudharsan K...
v-alzhan-msft
Community Support
Community Support

Hi @Pinoq ,

The action "when a special column is modified in an item in a sharepoint list is not supported in microsoft flow currently, so it is difficult to check if the " Status" column is changed when an item is modified.

You could take a try with @efialttes 's solution to check the version for comparing the column's value.

And I would suggest an alternative way:

1. Create a Yes/No type column "StatusChanged" in the list, default value for the column in No.

2. Everytime add an item to the list, manually set the column to No at the same time, every time updated the item in the list, if the status column is modified, then manually set the column "StatusChanged" to Yes, if the status column isn't modified, then manually set the column "StatusChanged" to No.

3.Create the flow with trigger when an item is created or modified, add a Condition under the trigger to check if the "StatusChanged column is equal to true, and check if the " Status" column is equal to "Checking", Inside the if yes brabch of the Condition, send the email, leave the If no branch of the condition blank.

Best Regards,

Alice

If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.

I have uploaded an image of my flow. Where should I add the send an http request to the flow?

I have already add the if the status=checking condition in my trigger. 

http://johnliu.net/blog/2018/5/microsoft-flow-sharepoint-trigger-on-specific-fields-changed-via-sp-h...

Do I need to follow all the step in this link? The Spread version and select version step. seems complicated.

Check status flow.PNG

Hi @Pinoq 

I dont think so you need 'Do Until' action. Just add 'Condition' action and in 'If yes' branch action check for the status column and do the steps. In 'If No' branch action just leave it as blank or you can proceed with the action when the status is not 'Checking'. Just try it out.

Hope it helps, please like it or mark it as a solution if it resolves ur clarification or issue

-Sudharsan K...

Hope it helps, please like it or mark it as a solution if it resolves your clarification or issue
-Sudharsan K...
v-alzhan-msft
Community Support
Community Support

Hi @Pinoq ,

I suggest that you could take a try with my solution since it is the easiest one to achieve your requirement.

Best regards,

Alice       

@efialttes  What is the purpose of having "top=2" in "Uri" section of "Send an HTTP request to SharePoint"? I think it limits output of request "Body"? This might not be desired if someone will want to compare all data in given column.

Mohandar
Frequent Visitor

Hi @Pinoq ,

Have another status eg email sent and then you can update item status once email is sent  from checking to email sent which will avoid  sending email on any other  update.

Thanks,

Mohandar

Helpful resources

Announcements
MPA_User Group Leader_768x460.jpg

Manage your user group events

Check out the News & Announcements to learn more.

V3_PVA CAmpaign Carousel.png

Community Challenge - Giveaways!

Participate in the Power Virtual Agents Community Challenge

Carousel 2021 Release Wave 2 Plan 768x460.jpg

2021 Release Wave 2 Plan

Power Platform release plan for the 2021 release wave 2 describes all new features releasing from October 2021 through March 2022.

Top Solution Authors
Users online (1,863)