cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
jimiryquai
Level: Powered On

Flow won't send an email to a D365 User's email address if this is configured via Dynamic Content

Hi guys,

I'm trying to run a flow that will send an email to a D365 User after a Support Case that they have logged has been updated by the assignee. I am trying to do this via a Dynamic Content field related to the email address that is displayed on the Support Case Form. When I try I'm getting an error and you can see that the Dynamic Content is being stripped from the email for some reason?

I have tested the flow using a manually entered email address and it works. I can't get my head around it. Can anybody help to point me in the right direction? TIA 

dynamic-email.png

failed-dynamic.png

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
jimiryquai

Re: Flow won't send an email to a D365 User's email address if this is configured via Dynamic Content

I tracked it down - the email address on the form was oart of a quick view form that was related to another entity so it wasn't the right email address. Added the right field to the form and it now works 🙂 

View solution in original post

2 REPLIES 2
jimiryquai

Re: Flow won't send an email to a D365 User's email address if this is configured via Dynamic Content

I'm looking through the data and have discovered this:

"emailaddress": null,

There's an email address field on the form and it's got data in it... baffled!
jimiryquai

I tracked it down - the email address on the form was oart of a quick view form that was related to another entity so it wasn't the right email address. Added the right field to the form and it now works 🙂 

View solution in original post

Helpful resources

Announcements
thirdimage

Power Automate Community User Group Member Badge

Fill out a quick form to claim your user group badge now!

firstImage

Incoming: New and improved badges!

We've given our badges an overhaul and also added some brand new ones!

fifthimage

Microsoft Learn

Learn how to build the business apps that you need.

sixthImage

Power Platform World Tour

Find out where you can attend!

seventhimage

Webinars & Video Gallery

Watch & learn from the Power Automate Community Video Gallery!

Top Kudoed Authors
Users Online
Currently online: 151 members 4,763 guests
Please welcome our newest community members: