cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
jimiryquai
Frequent Visitor

Flow won't send an email to a D365 User's email address if this is configured via Dynamic Content

Hi guys,

I'm trying to run a flow that will send an email to a D365 User after a Support Case that they have logged has been updated by the assignee. I am trying to do this via a Dynamic Content field related to the email address that is displayed on the Support Case Form. When I try I'm getting an error and you can see that the Dynamic Content is being stripped from the email for some reason?

I have tested the flow using a manually entered email address and it works. I can't get my head around it. Can anybody help to point me in the right direction? TIA 

dynamic-email.png

failed-dynamic.png

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

I tracked it down - the email address on the form was oart of a quick view form that was related to another entity so it wasn't the right email address. Added the right field to the form and it now works 🙂 

View solution in original post

2 REPLIES 2
jimiryquai
Frequent Visitor

I'm looking through the data and have discovered this:

"emailaddress": null,

There's an email address field on the form and it's got data in it... baffled!

I tracked it down - the email address on the form was oart of a quick view form that was related to another entity so it wasn't the right email address. Added the right field to the form and it now works 🙂 

View solution in original post

Helpful resources

Announcements
MPA_User Group Leader_768x460.jpg

Manage your user group events

Check out the News & Announcements to learn more.

Community Connections 768x460.jpg

Community & How To Videos

Check out the new Power Platform Community Connections gallery!

Welcome Super Users.jpg

Super User Season 2

Congratulations, the new Super User Season 2 for 2021 has started!

Carousel 2021 Release Wave 2 Plan 768x460.jpg

2021 Release Wave 2 Plan

Power Platform release plan for the 2021 release wave 2 describes all new features releasing from October 2021 through March 2022.

Top Solution Authors
Users online (1,769)