cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Helper V
Helper V

Flow wont trigger for other users

Guys,

I have a SharePoint site that has a SharePoint List, Sharepoint Document Library. I want users to upload/drag & drop files to the Sharepoint Document Library.

I have a Flow that triggers when a file is added to the SharePoint Document Library. I am the only owner of this flow. 

• When I add a file to the library, the flow triggers fine & functions.
    1. No issues here.
    2. Upon adding the file shows a red arrow indicating that its checked out.
    3. The flow has one of the actions to check-in the file 

• But, when my colleagues add a file, the flow doesn't trigger.
    1. I have verified that they are members (can edit) of the site.
    2. I verified that they are using the correct site address.
    3. Upon adding the file has a red arrow indicating its checked out
    4. Since the flow wont trigger, none of the actions are done

Guys, why does the flow not trigger to other users. Please guide me with this situation.

I would really appreciate all the help.

Thanks

C1

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

Hello @cadone 

I did a test on my side and you're absolutely right. The steps to reproduce the issue are:

1) Change the configuration of the document library "Require documents to be checked out before they can be edited?" to Yes.

2) Test the flow uploading the document with another user different than me.

3) The flow doesn't trigger.

But... When the users check-in the file, the flow is triggered. Therefore, the conclusion is that the flow will only be triggered when then users (others than you) checkin (publish) the file.

In this post by you will find very useful information on how to detect if the file has been published (checkin): Microsoft Flow guides: How to run a flow when a document is published? (spblog.net)

Hope it helps!

Ferran

Did I answer your question? Please consider to mark my post as a solution to help others.
Proud to be a Flownaut!

View solution in original post

9 REPLIES 9
Super User II
Super User II

Hello @cadone 

Do you have any trigger conditions in your flow? Could you share a screenshot of it?

Regards,

Ferran

Did I answer your question? Please consider to mark my post as a solution to help others.
Proud to be a Flownaut!

@fchopo 

No special trigger condition. here is the screen shot.

Screen Shot 2021-01-16 at 11.57.57 AM.png

For the library, I see me  listed under owner. all users listed under members. I wonder if there is anything like owner/member options for flows.

Thanks

C1 

Really weird, because it has nothing to do with permissions. Maybe the flow is not triggering inmediately... Could you share the flow?

Regards,

Ferran

Proud to be a Flownaut!

@fchopo 

How shall I share? a screen shot? or if there is a different way I can, kindly suggest.

Super User II
Super User II

Screenshot will be perfect!

Proud to be a Flownaut!

@fchopo 

On piece of information that i had not provided. may that will give some clue.

When the users add files its only see on their screen. i can't see those files on my screen.

Screen Shot 2021-01-16 at 12.24.37 PM.png

Hello @cadone 

I did a test on my side and you're absolutely right. The steps to reproduce the issue are:

1) Change the configuration of the document library "Require documents to be checked out before they can be edited?" to Yes.

2) Test the flow uploading the document with another user different than me.

3) The flow doesn't trigger.

But... When the users check-in the file, the flow is triggered. Therefore, the conclusion is that the flow will only be triggered when then users (others than you) checkin (publish) the file.

In this post by you will find very useful information on how to detect if the file has been published (checkin): Microsoft Flow guides: How to run a flow when a document is published? (spblog.net)

Hope it helps!

Ferran

Proud to be a Flownaut!

View solution in original post

@fchopo 

You are genius!

Thank you for teaching about this new trigger " when a files id published" (at least to me, it's new). I think this is they key for my situation.

Also, thanks for including the reference link. I will go through in detail.

I have never used the http so far. this would be the first time. I will give it a shot.

I actually tried using "NO" for

"Require documents to be checked out before they can be edited?"

Triggers when ever a user adds a file. works for my purposes.

But I feel it's better to use "YES" that way flow wont trigger when users add files accidentally. In addition i will need to figure out a way to restricting the trigger to certain file types. i hope i will find some resource somewhere.

Thanks

C1

Screen Shot 2021-01-16 at 7.54.23 PM.png

@fchopo 

Do you think there is something obvious error here. the flow failed. I think I wrote it correctly.

Thanks

C1

Helpful resources

Announcements
Microsoft Ignite

Microsoft Ignite

Join digitally, March 2–4, 2021 to explore new tech that's ready to implement. Experience the keynote in mixed reality through AltspaceVR!

New Super Users

Meet the Power Automate Super Users!

Many congratulations to the Season 1 2021 Flownaut Crew!

Microsoft Ignite

Microsoft Power Platform: 2021 Release Wave 1 Plan

Power Platform release plan for the 2021 release wave 1 describes all new features releasing from April through September 2021.

MPA Community Blog

Power Automate Community Blog

Check out the community blog page where you can find valuable learning material from community and product team members!

Users online (33,093)