cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
Frequent Visitor

Flow work (ish) but taking for ever

I am sure someone will look at this and laugh or mutter something else 🙂

I have what I thought to be  a simple flow but it is taking for every to run.

I have a contact list and a copmpany list

Contacts have a field for typing in the copmany name (these contacts come from outlook)

I have added a field to lookup the companyname (companyLU) to my list of companies

the text string is the same for the type company name and the lookup list.

My flow is matching but very slow (contact list is around 3000 company list 2500

Can anyone point out what I am doing wrong?

Many Thanks

Kevin

captueflowCompanyLU.JPG

8 REPLIES 8
Highlighted
Advocate II
Advocate II

@kjmcintosh have you tried using Concurrency within the Apply to Each? You edit the Apply to Each section to switch on Concurrency.

Highlighted
Dual Super User III
Dual Super User III

Hi @kjmcintosh 

I can see that the first condition you are using is to look for null values. I would suggest using the filter queries to directly filter the list instead of using the condition (this will only return the filtered values and save pretty much time)

ffeq.PNG

You can try this and then iterate on each value in the returned list. 

Hope this Helps!

If this reply has answered your question or solved your issue, please mark this question as answered. Answered questions helps users in the future who may have the same issue or question quickly find a resolution via search. If you liked my response, please consider giving it a thumbs up. THANKS!

Highlighted

Tried both suggestions but still not working any faster.

Any other thoughts?

Highlighted

Hey @kjmcintosh 

You mean that it is taking the same amount of time that it was taking earlier? Is it that all the records are beinf retrieved even after filtering the first level? 

You should get only records matching the filtering criteria and then based on that when you use concurrency it should make the flow a bit faster. Can you check these items?

Hope this Helps!

If this reply has answered your question or solved your issue, please mark this question as answered. Answered questions helps users in the future who may have the same issue or question quickly find a resolution via search. If you liked my response, please consider giving it a thumbs up. THANKS!

Highlighted

It still taking an age to run. So far been running for 20 hours and has matched 800 of the 3000 records

I must be doing somthing wrong as I think I could edit the records myself faster !!!

Highlighted

Hey @kjmcintosh 

Shouldn't take that long but as there is a nested a apply to each it is taking so much time. Can you share some details on the scenario you are trying to build and we can better address the issue?

Hope this Helps!

Highlighted

Hi, @kjmcintosh 

Can you send an updated screenshot for the design of your Flow?

Highlighted

Ok so I ran it with only 1 contact needing the copmany looked up (it took 28mins to match)

flowAccountsLookup.PNG

step1.PNGstep2.PNG

Capture3.PNGCapture4.PNGCapture5.PNGCapture6.PNG

Should it really take 28 min to match when there are 3000 comapnies ?

Helpful resources

Announcements
Community Conference

Power Platform Community Conference

Check out the on demand sessions that are available now!

Power Platform ISV Studio

Power Platform ISV Studio

ISV Studio is designed to become the go-to Power Platform destination for ISV’s to monitor & manage published applications.

Top Solution Authors
Top Kudoed Authors
Users online (5,666)