cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
CenaUser1
Level: Power Up

Flows are stuck in a constant email loop when I change one detail in a SharePoint list?

I currently have a growing SharePoint list where I need to periodically change the "Status" column from "Active" to "In Progress" to "Approved" to "Completed" and with each status change the end-user gets an automated email notifying them of the status update. However, with each solution I try, I still get 4 emails instead of the one. For example, I want to update the user that their document is "In Progress" but the flow fires off not only the "In Progress" email, but also the "Active", "Approved", and "Completed" emails as well.

The solutions I have tried verbatim calling HTTP, using the "Do Until" action featured by @anabananei and @david30816:

My last resort is triggering the flows manually using customized buttons (e.g. button changes from "Send Approved Email" to "Send Completion Email" automatically after clicking the former on SharePoint using one column), but I am not well versed in Flows nor JSON to do so.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
LetsGetThisData

Re: Flows are stuck in a constant email loop when I change one detail in a SharePoint list?

What does your flow look like?

My suggestion would be nested Controls.

If Status=Active then send Active, else if status=in progress then send in progess else....

View solution in original post

5 REPLIES 5
LetsGetThisData

Re: Flows are stuck in a constant email loop when I change one detail in a SharePoint list?

What does your flow look like?

My suggestion would be nested Controls.

If Status=Active then send Active, else if status=in progress then send in progess else....

View solution in original post

CenaUser1

How would a nested control look like? I'm pretty new to flow so I am not sure what something is unless it's mentioned as a solution somewhere. My flow looks like the following:

tempsnip.png2tempsnip1.png3tempsnip2.PNG4tempsnip3.PNG1

LetsGetThisData

So you need to build the next part of the flow inside the NO box. Then once you get into the next logic just add another condition within this no condition and continue on. 

CenaUser1

Hmmm... I think I am not fully understanding. I did the following as you suggested, but I received an error:

tempsnip.PNG

anabananei
Level: Powered On

I believe you are getting the error due to adding variables in the middle of your flow. Try adding it at the beginning.

Also, you can use the Switch function in the NO condition.

Helpful resources

Announcements
thirdimage

Power Automate Community User Group Member Badge

Fill out a quick form to claim your user group badge now!

firstImage

Incoming: New and improved badges!

We've given our badges an overhaul and also added some brand new ones!

fifthimage

Microsoft Learn

Learn how to build the business apps that you need.

sixthImage

Power Platform World Tour

Find out where you can attend!

seventhimage

Webinars & Video Gallery

Watch & learn from the Power Automate Community Video Gallery!

Top Kudoed Authors (Last 30 Days)
Users online (6,366)