Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
ansrikanth
Helper I
Helper I

Flows deployment via CDS Solution

Hi Experts

Trying to understand how different enterprises are doing the deployment of Flows across environments.

In our case, we have developers using their own credentials to create the flows and so the underlying connectors. These flows are always created with in a CDS solution and then will be deployed to next environments via DevOps pipelines as an automated process. Obviously the devs will not have access to higher environments and for other reasons we have dedicated system accounts created for each environment to execute the flows. I agree that we have to authenticate the connectors post deployment however what we are observing is, we couldn't able to use the same CDS connector the first developer authenticated and switched to service account rather every developer has to re-authenticate for their respective flow and then switch to service account. 

In a nutshell it looks like end of the day if I have 100 flows, the environment will also have 100 different CDS Connectors all of them switched to service account. And that is because, we can not share the connectors created by one developer to other?

Is that statement right? If so, will that be a correct design ? Is there any good documentation on best practices around this?

Thank you

-Srikanth

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
v-alzhan-msft
Community Support
Community Support

Hi @ansrikanth ,

I'm afraid that it is a limitation and there is no any known alternative way for this issue.

Best regards,

Alice   

Community Support Team _ Alice Zhang
If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.

View solution in original post

4 REPLIES 4
v-alzhan-msft
Community Support
Community Support

Hi @ansrikanth ,

Could you please take a try to share the flow with the service account as a team flow?

Best regards,

Alice   

If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.

Hi Alice

Thanks for quick response. I have tried this but not to share with the service account rather to another colleague to check if they can see and access the same connections I used in my flow. Unfortunately, even though they are owners of the flow they neither can see these connections nor can use them in their flows.

All I'm looking is, to use the same CDS/Sharepoint connections across all the flows instead of creating individual connections.

Thank you

-srikanth

Hi @v-alzhan-msft 

Can we say it is one of the platform limitations at the moment? Do we have any alternative solutions?

Thank you

-Srikanth

v-alzhan-msft
Community Support
Community Support

Hi @ansrikanth ,

I'm afraid that it is a limitation and there is no any known alternative way for this issue.

Best regards,

Alice   

View solution in original post

Helpful resources

Announcements
UG GA Amplification 768x460.png

Launching new user group features

Learn how to create your own user groups today!

Community Connections 768x460.jpg

Community & How To Videos

Check out the new Power Platform Community Connections gallery!

Welcome Super Users.jpg

Super User Season 2

Congratulations, the new Super User Season 2 for 2021 has started!

Carousel 2021 Release Wave 2 Plan 768x460.jpg

2021 Release Wave 2 Plan

Power Platform release plan for the 2021 release wave 2 describes all new features releasing from October 2021 through March 2022.

Top Solution Authors
Users online (2,692)