cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
bcontento
Frequent Visitor

Flows to monitor Sharepoint folder and send email alerts stopped working...rebuilt...then stopped again

I have a group of FLOWS dedicated to monitoring some of our Sharepoint directories and emailing people within the company when items are added to those folders. They were working perfectly for months, then some started failing (no alert emails going out on certain folders). I decided to go in and start messing with the connections and programs, and wasn't getting anywhere, so decided to start the group from scratch. I'm using the Sharepoint connector and the Office 365 Outlook (for Send Email v2) connectors.

I rewrote them yesterday and tested each successfully both in the test mode and real-world actions with other users in the company dropping files. Today, some (maybe all) have stopped working. I even created a new even simpler test flow to monitor one of the folders and simply send a test email to me with no dynamic content. Below is a screen shot of one of them.

I just did another test and if I used successfully completed submission from yesterday the flow works fine, but if I chose to trigger myself, it does nothing (meaning the test screen just sits and spins and spins eventually timing out because the trigger action wasn't completed even though it was.)

UPDATE: right now, the people involved all have their respective Sharepoint folders synced to their local machines. That's where they are are placing the files that trigger the flows when those files get uploaded automatically into the Sharepoint folder in the cloud (which they do successfully). In continuing to test this issue, I decided to drop the files directly into the Sharepoint folder on the web, and viola. the flows work. So, something about the difference between manually dropping them into Sharepoint vs. someone putting the files into a synced sharepoint folder locally seems to be at the root.

This is VERY frustrating. Why would they work one day and not 18 hours later with no changes to anything?

bcontento_0-1598361576618.png

1 REPLY 1
pagonza
Community Support
Community Support

Hello,

Thank you for all the information, This issue needs further investigation, please open a support case on https://admin.microsoft.com/ for further investigation

Helpful resources

Announcements
Power Platform Conf 2022 768x460.jpg

Join us for Microsoft Power Platform Conference

The first Microsoft-sponsored Power Platform Conference is coming in September. 100+ speakers, 150+ sessions, and what's new and next for Power Platform.

May UG Leader Call Carousel 768x460.png

June User Group Leader Call

Join us on June 28 for our monthly User Group leader call!

MPA Virtual Workshop Carousel 768x460.png

Register for a Free Workshop

Learn to digitize and optimize business processes and connect all your applications to share data in real time.

Power Automate Designer Feedback_carousel.jpg

Help make Flow Design easier

Are you new to designing flows? What is your biggest struggle with Power Automate Designer? Help us make it more user friendly!

Top Solution Authors
Top Kudoed Authors
Users online (1,295)