cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
PHCMA
Frequent Visitor

Folder Identifier in List Folder Flow Action (404) File Not Found using SharePoint Folder ID

TL;DR: Folder Identifier field in List Folder Action, from my research requires a path (GUID), not a numeric folder ID. I only have the numeric SharePoint Folder ID's, can I some how use an expression or another action to get the GUID from the Numeric Folder ID?

Hi all,

For the last few months I've been using a Flow to create folders in a SP Library then storing the numeric folder ID into a SP List. I intended to call back these ID's in another flow and extract a zip into these folders.

I'm now building the new flow and made the assumption that I could use the 'List folder' action and pass the Numeric ID from the SP List into the 'Folder Identifier' field. This result's in a 404 File not found.

I've had a look at at similar issues posted here, but it's not clear to my scenario. From what I think I understand, is that this action requires a GUID (like a path) rather than Numeric ID. 

If this is the case, I'm a bit stumped on what to do next. Can I somehow get this GUID from an action or expression using the SP Folder Numeric ID? (Edit: or even a share link to the folder) 

Another solution was to use the action 'Get Folder Metadata using Path' and apparently pass the GUID into the List Folder Action. I haven't been able to test this because again I'm stuck on how to get the path from the SP folders numeric ID.

Am I looking at this Flow wrong, should I be using different actions or different inputs to solve this problem? Thanks.

Flow: (List Sales Cloud Folder = List Folder, Lead Folder ID = ID "Numeric SP Folder ID")

Flow ActionFlow Action

Flow Error:

Flow ErrorFlow Error

Error Details:

Error DetailsError Details

Raw Input:

Raw InputRaw Input

Raw Output:

Raw OutputRaw Output

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
tom_riha
Super User
Super User

Hello @PHCMA ,

folder is just another type of a "file" in a document library, you can use the action 'Get file properties'. Use the ID you have to get the Identifier of the folder.

[ If I have answered your question, please Accept the post as a solution. ]
[ If you like my response, please give it a Thumbs Up. ]

[ I also blog about Power Automate solutions even for non-IT people. ]

View solution in original post

2 REPLIES 2
tom_riha
Super User
Super User

Hello @PHCMA ,

folder is just another type of a "file" in a document library, you can use the action 'Get file properties'. Use the ID you have to get the Identifier of the folder.

[ If I have answered your question, please Accept the post as a solution. ]
[ If you like my response, please give it a Thumbs Up. ]

[ I also blog about Power Automate solutions even for non-IT people. ]

YES, perfect!
This has worked for me, so I'll mark as the solution 🙂

But, I will point out though, you do need to provide a document library along with the ID. Fortunately for me my list contains profile data and the Libraries are named after each user.  I've had to initialize & set a variable based on the profile DisplayName and pass that to the Library Name field. 

Set Variable for Library DirectorySet Variable for Library Directory

While the flow works and copies the files, I still do get a 404 - File not found error. Not sure if you can if you have any ideas about this, the error doesn't provide much info. If not, all good I'll just skip the error. 

404 Error after successful copy.404 Error after successful copy.

Helpful resources

Announcements
Microsoft 365 Conference – December 6-8, 2022

Microsoft 365 Conference – December 6-8, 2022

Join us in Las Vegas to experience community, incredible learning opportunities, and connections that will help grow skills, know-how, and more.

Difinity Conference 2022

Difinity Conference 2022

Register today for two amazing days of learning, featuring intensive learning sessions across multiple tracks, led by engaging and dynamic experts.

European SharePoint Conference

European SharePoint Conference

The European SharePoint Conference returns live and in-person November 28-December 1 with 4 Microsoft Keynotes, 9 Tutorials, and 120 Sessions.

Users online (3,162)