cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Zwart
Frequent Visitor

Folder Permissions

I feel like I've read 100's of posts and videos and haven't found success. I have a flow that successfully builds a subsite and a set of folders in a Library, creates a security group, sets view permission to the Site/Library for that group, but I am stuck trying to then elevate that group's permission to "Contribute" for one folder. In my flow below, the first HTTP request works to "Set Read access for ReviewGroup to Bid Subsite. Then any number of scenarios I've tried have failed to break the permissions on the 03 - Review folder and then set the new permission or find the folder Id.

Thank you for any help.

permissions.png

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Pstork1
Dual Super User III
Dual Super User III

Folder permissions operate the same way permissions do for a file.  First Break Inheritance and then assign individual permissions.  This code works for me.

image.png

-------------------------------------------------------------------------
If I have answered your question, please mark your post as Solved.
If you like my response, please give it a Thumbs Up.

View solution in original post

3 REPLIES 3
Pstork1
Dual Super User III
Dual Super User III

Folder permissions operate the same way permissions do for a file.  First Break Inheritance and then assign individual permissions.  This code works for me.

image.png

View solution in original post

Zwart
Frequent Visitor

Thanks! This put the bits and pieces into one string and saves a number of manual steps. Added a Get Folder Metadata above to pull in the proper integer-based FolderId.

Pstork1
Dual Super User III
Dual Super User III

I had a couple extra steps to get the FolderID and the permission level.  But those were the basic steps required to do the job.  The rest was just populating variables to make it more reusable.

Helpful resources

Announcements
Process Advisor

Introducing Process Advisor

Check out the new Process Advisor community forum board!

MPA User Group

Welcome to the User Group Public Preview

Check out new user group experience and if you are a leader please create your group

MBAS on Demand

Microsoft Business Applications Summit sessions

On-demand access to all the great content presented by the product teams and community members! #MSBizAppsSummit #CommunityRocks

Users online (84,619)