cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
maican

Folder paths for approval

Hi,

I have multiple folders and for each folder there is a user with editing permissions. Insider these folders I have an "in progress" and "approved" folders, something like this:

- Folder 1 >>> assigned "user 1" with editing permission

------> "in progress"

------> "approved"

- Folder 2 >>> assigned "user 2" with editing permission

------> "in progress"

------> "approved"

I would like to build a single approval flow, so that, when a document is approved, it should be moved inside "approved" sub-folder inside the main folder (e.g. for folder1+user1 >> moved from "Folder 1\in progress" >> "Folder 1\approved", for 

for folder2+user2 >> moved from "Folder 2\in progress" >> "Folder 2\approved" etc...)

If this is not possible, please provide an alternatinve folder structure.

Thank you,
Catalin

3 REPLIES 3
v-yamao-msft
Community Support
Community Support

Hi maican,

I am afraid that your scenario cannot be achieved.

Say you are using SharePoint library, and you have several subfolders, “In progress” and “Approved”, you want to move the files which is saved in “In progress” folder to “Approved” folder when the approve status is changed to “Approve”.

When testing with your scenario, I found that we can use the trigger “SharePoint – When a file is created in a folder”, but we are not able to check if the approve status of this file has been changed to “Approve” or not.

While if we consider to use the trigger “SharePoint-When a file is created(properties only)”, we can only specify the library name, which cannot detect the file that created in the subfolder.

I have seen similar request at Flow Ideas Forum, please consider to vote and comment the idea at here, I will help collect and report it on my side:
https://powerusers.microsoft.com/t5/Flow-Ideas/Trigger-Sharepoint-Change-creation-of-file-in-folder-...

Best regards,
Mabel Mao

Community Support Team _ Mabel Mao
If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.

I have tinkerd with Flow until I've got what I wanted, something like in the image below.

I use "When a file is created (properties only) > I get some properties from "triggerOutputs()['body']", like "triggerOutputs()['body']['{Identifier}']" and "CreatedBy Email". Later I check a variable (with the calculated FolderPath) and if the path is correct (contains...), I start an Approval flow. In the Approval, the content of the file is obtained based on "getting the file content" (with Identifier) and created at the specified path

Clipboard01.gif

L.E.... so

the trigger "When a file is created (properties only)"

gets all the files in a library, and only the coorect ones (from a specified folder) are processed.

Helpful resources

Announcements
UG GA Amplification 768x460.png

Launching new user group features

Learn how to create your own user groups today!

Community Connections 768x460.jpg

Community & How To Videos

Check out the new Power Platform Community Connections gallery!

M365 768x460.jpg

Microsoft 365 Collaboration Conference | December 7–9, 2021

Join us, in-person, December 7–9 in Las Vegas, for the largest gathering of the Microsoft community in the world.

Top Solution Authors
Users online (2,737)