cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
absyntuser
Regular Visitor

Follow up with Power Automate?

Hi

I use Outlook 365 ONLINE (so not the locally installed version). Sometimes when I send an email to a new client, I would have a follow-up function. There would be a possibility:

Move the sent mail into Inbox. Then "remind me in 1 week". It works, but I will ALWAYS be reminded 1 week later. Even if I got an answer in the meantime. So how could I resolve this?

I thought I could probably mark it in the sent items -> task will appear in To Do. And then always when receiving a new mail I could check first if there is a task with this message-ID. But how could I do this?

I tried:

- Outlook: When receiving a new Email (V3)

- Delete Taks (Preview)

-> List: List

-> Task: message-ID

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

A very good point.  I did notice that there is the option to chose Conversation ID instead of Subject.  I did a quick test with an email I sent to a personal account and replied back.  The condition returned "True" when compared.

OutlookNotify3.jpg

Result:

OutlookNotify4.jpg

View solution in original post

7 REPLIES 7
rmoore
Advocate I
Advocate I

Hi @absyntuser,

My suggestion would be to create a "For Followup" folder (it can be named whatever you like), then move the sent items there that you want to be to follow up on.  When the reply comes in, Power Automate can get the items in your "For Followup" Folder and compare the subject line to the new email.  If the new email contains the subject of the other email (E.G. Sent item Subject "How is your week going?" and Reply Subject is "RE: How is your week going?"), then mark the "For Followup" email not to follow up and/or move back to sent item.

Here is a quick mock up (I have not verified the solution).

Emails arrive to your inbox and flow is triggered.  Then get X number of emails from your follow up folder (i chose Drafts for this and 20 for the number of emails to retrieve)

OutlookNotify1.jpg

For each email in the follow up folder, if the subject of the new email contains the subject of the email being processed, set flag status of the email.  You can also put in a move email to folder task as well.

OutlookNotify2.jpg

Let me know if there are any other questions.

Hi @rmoore 

What if the subject are often the same? Like "Are you satisfied with our customer service"? Then this is unfortuanately not working 😞

A very good point.  I did notice that there is the option to chose Conversation ID instead of Subject.  I did a quick test with an email I sent to a personal account and replied back.  The condition returned "True" when compared.

OutlookNotify3.jpg

Result:

OutlookNotify4.jpg

View solution in original post

Hey @rmoore 

Thank you so much! This was great! I understood how it works. One more question if you allow.

When the reply arrived I want to delete the mail out from the "follow up" folder. Not move the incoming mail ... how can I do this?

Hey @absyntuser,

You can then just use the Delete Email action and use the Message ID of the "Get Emails" action.

OutlookNotify5.jpg

Thank you so much @rmoore! Your help is highly appreciated 😍

emseki
Community Support
Community Support

Thank you for posting your question. this thread will help other users to get start.

Helpful resources

Announcements
MPA_User Group Leader_768x460.jpg

Manage your user group events

Check out the News & Announcements to learn more.

Community Connections 768x460.jpg

Community & How To Videos

Check out the new Power Platform Community Connections gallery!

Welcome Super Users.jpg

Super User Season 2

Congratulations, the new Super User Season 2 for 2021 has started!

Carousel 2021 Release Wave 2 Plan 768x460.jpg

2021 Release Wave 2 Plan

Power Platform release plan for the 2021 release wave 2 describes all new features releasing from October 2021 through March 2022.

Top Solution Authors
Users online (1,638)