cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Advocate II
Advocate II

For a selected (SharePoint) item - Add an Output missing

Hi, 

when I create a new flow on a SharePoint list with the "For a selected item" trigger, I cannot add outputs.

On existing flows I can add outputs as used to (see screenshot below). 

I already tried different users with different licenses (E3, E5, E3 plus Flow Plan 2), different lists/sites... Any idea what I might be doing wrong? 

Thanks for helping. 

Patrick 

For a selected item - add input.jpg

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

Hi, 

Thanks for your tests @v-zhos-msft. It brought me to an idea - and to the solution. 

• When you create a flow directly from the SharePoint List with the Complete a custom action for the selected item template, you cannot add Outputs. 
  • But when you create a blank flow without a template, add For a selected item as trigger, you can add Outputs. 

Flow For a selected item.jpg

For me this is kinda silly behavior, but anyway... I can build the flow as needed. 

Thanks for your help. 

Patrick 

View solution in original post

2 REPLIES 2
Solution Sage
Solution Sage

Hi @plautzi ,

I have made a test, it doesn't has the issue you have mentioned.

Capture1.PNG

I suggest you take a try later, perhaps there is a update of flow in your area.

Best Regards,

Community Support Team _ Zhongys

If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly

Hi, 

Thanks for your tests @v-zhos-msft. It brought me to an idea - and to the solution. 

• When you create a flow directly from the SharePoint List with the Complete a custom action for the selected item template, you cannot add Outputs. 
  • But when you create a blank flow without a template, add For a selected item as trigger, you can add Outputs. 

Flow For a selected item.jpg

For me this is kinda silly behavior, but anyway... I can build the flow as needed. 

Thanks for your help. 

Patrick 

View solution in original post

Helpful resources

Announcements
PP Bootcamp Carousel

Global Power Platform Bootcamp

Dive into the Power Platform stack with hands-on sessions and labs, virtually delivered to you by experts and community leaders.

secondImage

Power Platform Community Conference On Demand

Watch Nick Doelman's session from the 2020 Power Platform Community Conference on demand!

MPA Community Blog

Power Automate Community Blog

Check out the community blog page where you can find valuable learning material from community and product team members!

Top Solution Authors
Users online (8,498)