cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
EricVie

For a selected row in Excel - No specific table

I am trying to send emails based on information kept in tables.

Every week we create a new sheet within the Excel file and add new information. Once a week we want to generate an email for the information kept in the table on the new sheet. How can I create my flow so that no specific table is selected?

3 REPLIES 3
v-JessicaG-msft
Community Support
Community Support

Hi @EricVie ,

Do you want to trigger the flow in the "For a selected row" trigger? I am afraid there is no way to get dynamic specific tables in triggers.

Best Regards,

Jessica Gu

EricVie

Thanks for the reply.

Until recently we had a flow that was able tyo achieve this. Starting in early January this flow stopped working as the Excel file name changed. I can't understand why this type of flow worked previously but now won't work.

Here was the previous trigger I had:

EricVie_0-1643733866415.png

Hi @EricVie ,

You could try to manually select a new Excel file and Excel table name in the "For a selected row" trigger. The "For a selected row" trigger needs to specify the Excel file. You could refer this link: https://docs.microsoft.com/en-us/connectors/excelonlinebusiness/

vJessicaGmsft_0-1644201458880.png

Best Regards,

Jessica Gu

Helpful resources

Announcements
MPA Virtual Workshop Carousel 768x460.png

Register for a Free Workshop

Learn to digitize and optimize business processes and connect all your applications to share data in real time.

PWREduCon768x460.png

Join us at PWR EduCon - A Power Platform Conference

Learn from the top Power BI, Power Apps, Power Automate & Power Virtual Agents experts!

Power automate tips 768x460 v2.png

Restore a Deleted Flow

Did you know that you could restore a deleted flow? Check out this helpful article.

Users online (3,771)