cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
EricVie

For a selected row in Excel - No specific table

I am trying to send emails based on information kept in tables.

Every week we create a new sheet within the Excel file and add new information. Once a week we want to generate an email for the information kept in the table on the new sheet. How can I create my flow so that no specific table is selected?

3 REPLIES 3
v-JessicaG-msft
Community Support
Community Support

Hi @EricVie ,

Do you want to trigger the flow in the "For a selected row" trigger? I am afraid there is no way to get dynamic specific tables in triggers.

Best Regards,

Jessica Gu

EricVie

Thanks for the reply.

Until recently we had a flow that was able tyo achieve this. Starting in early January this flow stopped working as the Excel file name changed. I can't understand why this type of flow worked previously but now won't work.

Here was the previous trigger I had:

EricVie_0-1643733866415.png

Hi @EricVie ,

You could try to manually select a new Excel file and Excel table name in the "For a selected row" trigger. The "For a selected row" trigger needs to specify the Excel file. You could refer this link: https://docs.microsoft.com/en-us/connectors/excelonlinebusiness/

vJessicaGmsft_0-1644201458880.png

Best Regards,

Jessica Gu

Helpful resources

Announcements
 WHAT’S NEXT AT MICROSOFT IGNITE 2022

WHAT’S NEXT AT MICROSOFT IGNITE 2022

Explore the latest innovations, learn from product experts and partners, level up your skillset, and create connections from around the world.

Register for a Free Workshop.png

Register for a Free Workshop

Learn to digitize and optimize business processes and connect all your applications to share data in real time.

Users online (1,524)