Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
stujol80
Helper II
Helper II

Force HTML carriage return

hi,

i have a powerapps form in a modern sharepoint site where the user enters values. i have a multiline field for FileNames. the user will input a FileName and press enter for the next name.

Name 1

Name 2

Name 3

etc

I want to put these names into HTML format.

Currently these are showing as Name 1 Name 2 Name 3 when in HTML format. I'm think i'm doing the right thing by replacing the carriage return with '<br>' which should force a new line in HTML but i'm struggling to get powerautomate flow to identify the carriage return.

i've used 

replace(outputs('Get_SMR_Details')?['body/CRC_FileName'],'%0D','<br>')
replace(outputs('Get_SMR_Details')?['body/CRC_FileName'],'%0A','<br>')
replace(outputs('Get_SMR_Details')?['body/CRC_FileName'],Char(10),'<br>')
replace(outputs('Get_SMR_Details')?['body/CRC_FileName'],' ','<br>')

Untitled.jpg

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

i managed to resolve by using

replace(replace(encodeUriComponent(outputs('Get_SMR_Details')?['body/CRC_FileName']),'%0A','<br>'),'%20',' ')

View solution in original post

3 REPLIES 3
Amanthaper
Super User
Super User

@stujol80 

Please try adding \r\n at the end of each row like below.

replace(outputs('Get_SMR_Details')?['body/CRC_FileName'],'%0D','<br>')\r\n

Cheers,

Aman

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
If my post helps you with your problem or answers your question, please mark it Solved or Answered. This helps anyone with similar challenges. If you like my response, please give it a Thumbs Up.
------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

invalid expression

i managed to resolve by using

replace(replace(encodeUriComponent(outputs('Get_SMR_Details')?['body/CRC_FileName']),'%0A','<br>'),'%20',' ')

View solution in original post

Helpful resources

Announcements
Process Advisor

Introducing Process Advisor

Check out the new Process Advisor community forum board!

MPA User Group

Welcome to the User Group Public Preview

Check out new user group experience and if you are a leader please create your group

MBAS on Demand

Microsoft Business Applications Summit sessions

On-demand access to all the great content presented by the product teams and community members! #MSBizAppsSummit #CommunityRocks

Users online (18,724)