Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
stujol80
Helper III
Helper III

Force HTML carriage return

hi,

i have a powerapps form in a modern sharepoint site where the user enters values. i have a multiline field for FileNames. the user will input a FileName and press enter for the next name.

Name 1

Name 2

Name 3

etc

I want to put these names into HTML format.

Currently these are showing as Name 1 Name 2 Name 3 when in HTML format. I'm think i'm doing the right thing by replacing the carriage return with '<br>' which should force a new line in HTML but i'm struggling to get powerautomate flow to identify the carriage return.

i've used 

replace(outputs('Get_SMR_Details')?['body/CRC_FileName'],'%0D','<br>')
replace(outputs('Get_SMR_Details')?['body/CRC_FileName'],'%0A','<br>')
replace(outputs('Get_SMR_Details')?['body/CRC_FileName'],Char(10),'<br>')
replace(outputs('Get_SMR_Details')?['body/CRC_FileName'],' ','<br>')

Untitled.jpg

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

i managed to resolve by using

replace(replace(encodeUriComponent(outputs('Get_SMR_Details')?['body/CRC_FileName']),'%0A','<br>'),'%20',' ')

View solution in original post

3 REPLIES 3
Amanthaper
Responsive Resident
Responsive Resident

@stujol80 

Please try adding \r\n at the end of each row like below.

replace(outputs('Get_SMR_Details')?['body/CRC_FileName'],'%0D','<br>')\r\n

Cheers,

Aman

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
If my post helps you with your problem or answers your question, please mark it Solved or Answered. This helps anyone with similar challenges. If you like my response, please give it a Thumbs Up.
------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

invalid expression

i managed to resolve by using

replace(replace(encodeUriComponent(outputs('Get_SMR_Details')?['body/CRC_FileName']),'%0A','<br>'),'%20',' ')

Helpful resources

Announcements
Power Platform Conf 2022 768x460.jpg

Join us for Microsoft Power Platform Conference

The first Microsoft-sponsored Power Platform Conference is coming in September. 100+ speakers, 150+ sessions, and what's new and next for Power Platform.

MPA Virtual Workshop Carousel 768x460.png

Register for a Free Workshop

Learn to digitize and optimize business processes and connect all your applications to share data in real time.

Power Automate Designer Feedback_carousel.jpg

Help make Flow Design easier

Are you new to designing flows? What is your biggest struggle with Power Automate Designer? Help us make it more user friendly!

Top Solution Authors
Users online (1,701)