cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
dawnrene
Level: Power Up

Foreach Output

I am trying to have my flow recognize when a new file is created in a particular folder in OneDrive for Business.  This is a subfolder that was created earlier in the flow, inside a foreach group.  There is no available output so I have tried many different options, from typing in the folder path using dynamic tokens to creating a variable and nothing is working. I'm sure this is an easy fix but I cannot get it to work.  Thanks in advance!

foreach output.png

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Dual Super User
Dual Super User

Re: Foreach Output

It looks like you are trying to use a trigger (When a File is created) in the middle of your Flow.  Triggers don't really work that way.  Triggers need to be the first action in a Flow otherwise they do very unpredicatble things.

-------------------------------------------------------------------------
If I have answered your question, please mark your post as Solved.
If you like my response, please give it a Thumbs Up.

View solution in original post

4 REPLIES 4
Dual Super User
Dual Super User

It looks like you are trying to use a trigger (When a File is created) in the middle of your Flow.  Triggers don't really work that way.  Triggers need to be the first action in a Flow otherwise they do very unpredicatble things.

View solution in original post

Super User
Super User

Hi @Pstork1 , @dawnrene 

I was thinking the same earlier then I thought it must be two different flows. Does the flow designer allows to create two triggers? I haven't seen that option before.

If this reply has answered your question or solved your issue, please mark this question as answered. Answered questions helps users in the future who may have the same issue or question quickly find a resolution via search. If you liked my response, please consider giving it a thumbs up.

Thanks

Did I answer your question? Mark my post as a solution!

If you liked my response, please consider giving it a thumbs up

Proud to be a Flownaut!

dawnrene
Level: Power Up

@abm @Pstork1 

This is all in one flow. When I was using this earlier, I had this trigger set to any file that was added in the larger folder and that functioned perfectly. I need it to only trigger when a file is added in a certain folder OR that matches a certain name. It doesn't matter which one but I can't get either to work. Maybe having a complicated trigger mid-flow isn't going to work, but if not, I'm kinda stuck.

Dual Super User
Dual Super User

I've asked the product team for specific details, but as I said I've never seen a Trigger added mid Flow work reliably.. Although the designer allows it I really don't think its designed to work this way.

Helpful resources

Announcements
thirdimage

Power Automate Community User Group Member Badge

Fill out a quick form to claim your user group badge now!

firstImage

Incoming: New and improved badges!

We've given our badges an overhaul and also added some brand new ones!

fifthimage

Microsoft Learn

Learn how to build the business apps that you need.

sixthImage

Power Platform World Tour

Find out where you can attend!

seventhimage

Webinars & Video Gallery

Watch & learn from the Power Automate Community Video Gallery!

Top Kudoed Authors (Last 30 Days)
Users online (6,536)