cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
DebV
Level: Powered On

Form ID Changes in Flow

I have a series of flows that do the same thing from different forms. Recently, I had 18 flow failures for exactly the same reason. The form ID had changed in my flow. I didn't change the ID, but it no longer matched the form. This happened to several different forms that are used in several different flows. The basic process is: when a form response is submitted, copy the Excel File from the form to an Excel worksheet in OneDrive. It has been working for months.

Then, all of a sudden, every single flow failed. When I checked, every single flow had a different Form ID than the Forms they had been using. I went through every flow and replaced the Form ID and they all worked perfectly again.

The only thing I could think of is that our network guys switched servers for the network and the Form IDs changed when the server changed. Any ideas as to what happened and how to prevent it in the future?

Thanks,
Deb Vozniak

2 REPLIES 2
Community Support Team
Community Support Team

Re: Form ID Changes in Flow

Hi @DebV,

I have tested on my side, but not find the Flow ID will change.

As a workaround, you can store these Flow according to their names or named with a unique number for match them.

Best Regards,
Community Support Team _ Lin Tu
If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.

DebV
Level: Powered On

Re: Form ID Changes in Flow

I'm sorry, I'm not sure what you mean about the workaround. Can you clarify please?

Thanks,
Deb

Helpful resources

Announcements
firstImage

Better Together Contest Finalists Announced!

Congrats to the finalists of our ‘Better Together’-themed T-shirt design contest! Click for the top entries.

firstImage

Incoming: New and improved badges!

Look out for new contribution recognition badges coming SOON!

firstImage

New & Improved Power Automate Community Cookbook

We've updated and improved the layout and uploading format of the Power Automate Cookbook!

thirdimage

Power Automate Community User Group Member Badge

Fill out a quick form to claim your user group badge now!

sixthImage

Community Summit North America

The top training and networking event across the globe for Microsoft Business Applications

Top Solution Authors
Top Kudoed Authors
Users online (10,009)