cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
CrispinSteele
Frequent Visitor

Form Responses HTML Table - RowSpan Dynamic Help

Hi Guys,

Complete novice so don't know if can work.  I have built a flow which is functional (thanks to the forum) - but does not work how I want.  The user completes a MS Form which lists all issues identified (from 1 to 15 issues).  The flow collects the responses, puts them into an array and then filters the array so only issues identified are populated.  This array is then added to an html table and saved as a word and PDF document - which is emailed to the user.  Great 🙂

However, this only shows the problems - not the solutions.  I was thinking of appending an extra column to the JSON array to cover this - however some problems have more than 1 solution and therefore is plain HTML some of the columns would need a rowspan element added.

Here is an table example of what I would like to show (without any format):

<html>
<table border=5 cellspacing=0 cellpadding=2 style='border-collapse:collapse;border:none'>

<tr>
<th>Internal Code</th>
<th>Non-Compliance found</th>
<th>Policy Booklet</th>
<th>Section Number</th>
<th>What needs doing?</th>
</tr>

<tr>
<td rowspan=4>1</td>
<td rowspan=4>Problem A</td>
<td>Book A</td>
<td>Chapter 6; Schedule 3</td>
<td rowspan=4>Whatever the pages say. If in trouble ask the forum!!</tr>
<tr>
<td>Book B</td>
<td>Chapter 1</td>
</tr>
<tr>
<td>Book Z</td>
<td>Appendix 4</td>
</tr>
<tr>
<td>Book X.</td>
<td>Diagram X</td>
</tr>

<tr>
<td>2</td>
<td>Problem C</td>
<td>Booklet A2</td>
<td>Pages 123-145</td>
<td>Add details to log once complete</td>
</tr>

<tr>
<td rowspan=2>3</td>
<td rowspan=2>Problem J</td>
<td>The Management Handbook.</td>
<td>Some Chapter</td>
<td rowspan=2>Ring Central switchboard to isolate circuit</td>
</tr>
<tr>
<td>Book XX.</td>
<td>Chapter 5</td>
</tr>

</table>
</html>

Obviously the filtered array will be different every time.  Is there someway to add a rowspan argument in styling (Compose Operation?)  or failing that if i added the multiple items in one container can I force a <br> between them or replace ";" with <br> for example.

Does this make sense?

Thanks for any help

Cris.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

Hi Alice,

Thank you for coming back to me.  I have now worked around the issue and found a solution which works for me.  In short I just added \r within the JSON Array to force a new line.

My question is now different and please let me know if I have to repost. 

I am using Word for Business and have created my word document and created the file sharepoint and also converted it to PDF.

The final part of my jigsaw is how do I get the PDF document to open and download on to the users local machine?  I guess it may be something to do with HTTP and GET - but I do not have a clue.

Thanks again to all for any help

Cris

View solution in original post

3 REPLIES 3
v-alzhan-msft
Community Support
Community Support

Hi @CrispinSteele ,.

Would you please share a screenshot of your flow?

Do you want to add a column to the Array and than add the new array to the html table?

I suggest that you could provide the Array and explain the extra column that you would like to add, if you share an example we could better understand you and provide a proper solution.

Best regards,

Alice   

Community Support Team _ Alice Zhang
If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.

Hi Alice,

Thank you for coming back to me.  I have now worked around the issue and found a solution which works for me.  In short I just added \r within the JSON Array to force a new line.

My question is now different and please let me know if I have to repost. 

I am using Word for Business and have created my word document and created the file sharepoint and also converted it to PDF.

The final part of my jigsaw is how do I get the PDF document to open and download on to the users local machine?  I guess it may be something to do with HTTP and GET - but I do not have a clue.

Thanks again to all for any help

Cris

View solution in original post

Hi @CrispinSteele ,

I have replied in the link below:

https://powerusers.microsoft.com/t5/Building-Flows/Download-PDF/td-p/554752

Best regards,

Alice   

Community Support Team _ Alice Zhang
If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.

Helpful resources

Announcements
Process Advisor

Introducing Process Advisor

Check out the new Process Advisor community forum board!

MPA User Group

Welcome to the User Group Public Preview

Check out new user group experience and if you are a leader please create your group

V3_PVA CAmpaign Carousel.png

Community Challenge - Giveaways!

Participate in the Power Virtual Agents Community Challenge

Carousel 2021 Release Wave 2 Plan 768x460.jpg

2021 Release Wave 2 Plan

Power Platform release plan for the 2021 release wave 2 describes all new features releasing from October 2021 through March 2022.

Carousel April Dunnam Updated 768x460.jpg

Urdu Hindi D365 Bootcamp

Dont miss our very own April Dunnam’s The Developer Guide to the Galaxy! Find out what the Power Platform has to offer for the traditional developer.

Users online (2,617)