cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
mark_nemeth
Level: Powered On

Form results to email and xls

Hi All,

I'd like to build the current flow, could use some help how (and whether if it's even possible):

1. Create an online form with standard set of questions

2. Results (answers) of the form to be saved in an xlsx, where columns represent form questions, a row represents one entry

3. Email notification to be sent to a pre-defined recipient list, containing the result of a form entry (row) - email body and subject pre-defined as well

4. Optional email to a different set of recipients (form results define the recipient list) as BCC, with pre-selected content from our xlsx (not all columns from an entry)

Thanks!

2 REPLIES 2
Super User
Super User

Re: Form results to email and xls

@mark_nemeth  yes it's certainly possible and not difficult:

1. Create an online form with standard set of questions  - use Microsoft Forms

2. Results (answers) of the form to be saved in an xlsx, where columns represent form questions, a row represents one entry - normally I'd prefer to use Flow to save the responses to a SharePoint list, but you can also use Flow to add a row to an excel spreadsheet. But Forms saves the responses to a spreadsheet automatically anyway so you can probably omit this with Flow and just let Forms save the response to its own spreadsheet.

3. Email notification to be sent to a pre-defined recipient list, containing the result of a form entry (row) - email body and subject pre-defined as well - this can be done with Microsoft Flow 

4. Optional email to a different set of recipients (form results define the recipient list) as BCC, with pre-selected content from our xlsx (not all columns from an entry) - also Microsoft Flow, and because the results define the recipients list I would have the Forms response saved to a SharePoint list.

So you can see there is a pattern with my response which is that Flow will do what you need although I would also have a SharePoint list.

We recently used this to get several hundred of our staff to complete an IT assets form  starting with Microsoft Forms, the result was saved to a SharePoint list, the administrator could edit each item if necessary via a nice-looking PowerApps form, and finally a "thank you" email was then sent via Flow to the person who responded with their responses plus the company logo and other text - I don't use the responder that comes with Forms.

Come back if you have any questions or would like more detail about any of this.

Rob
Los Gallardos

mark_nemeth
Level: Powered On

Re: Form results to email and xls

Thanks for the reply, I already did the implementation! (mostly)

Two additional questions:

1.  What is the best way to execute the optional email exchange? (4)

2. Is there a way to include results of an SQL query to a field in sharepoint, and setting it to update every "x" hours?

Thanks!

Helpful resources

Announcements
thirdimage

Power Automate Community User Group Member Badge

Fill out a quick form to claim your user group badge now!

firstImage

Incoming: New and improved badges!

We've given our badges an overhaul and also added some brand new ones!

fifthimage

Microsoft Learn

Learn how to build the business apps that you need.

sixthImage

Power Platform World Tour

Find out where you can attend!

seventhimage

Webinars & Video Gallery

Watch & learn from the Power Automate Community Video Gallery!

Top Kudoed Authors (Last 30 Days)
Users online (5,916)