cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
colken
Frequent Visitor

Form submission > Send an email

Hello,

I created a flow that sends an email every time a form is submitted. I would like to include the response to the first form question (Project Title) in this email, but am having difficulty. Is there a way to do this?

Thanks!

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
ScottShearer
Super User III
Super User III

@colken 

You can reference any of the responses for the Form in the email body by selecting them from Dynamic properties - see below.

After the When a response is submitted action, you need to add a Get Response Details action.  The Get response details action gives you access to the responses.  Post here if you need more help.

FormsEmail.jpg

If I have answered your question, please mark your post as Solved.
If you like my response, please give it a Thumbs Up.

Scott

View solution in original post

8 REPLIES 8
ScottShearer
Super User III
Super User III

@colken 

You can reference any of the responses for the Form in the email body by selecting them from Dynamic properties - see below.

After the When a response is submitted action, you need to add a Get Response Details action.  The Get response details action gives you access to the responses.  Post here if you need more help.

FormsEmail.jpg

Scott

View solution in original post

Thanks for your response, @ScottShearer

I did try this, but it looks different when I do. The different responses are not listed.

Am I doing something wrong?

flow 1.jpgflow 2.jpg

In your get response detail, add the Dynamic Content for the "List of Response Notifications: Response ID" then in your email you should see the fields from the response lists. 

Jeremy Lindstrom
Support Escalation Engineer
Power Apps and Power Automate Support

Thanks, @jlindst-msft. I actually did do this as well (hit print screen too soon) and had the same result.

@colken 

You do not need the loop.  See my example below which successfully executed and sent an email.

FormsEmail2.jpgFormsEmail3.jpg

FormsEmail4.jpg

Scott

@ScottShearer 

The loop is automatically added when I choose "list of response notifications" for Response ID. I am then unable to remove the loop without removing the "Get Response Details" step altogether. 

You can try and add a "Compose" action under your "Get Response Details" and see if it's pulling your responses from the List of Responses.   

Annotation 2019-11-14 140134.jpg

Thank you all. I needed to move the "send an email" step into the "apply to each" section.

Helpful resources

Announcements
MPA_User Group Leader_768x460.jpg

Manage your user group events

Check out the News & Announcements to learn more.

V3_PVA CAmpaign Carousel.png

Community Challenge - Giveaways!

Participate in the Power Virtual Agents Community Challenge

Carousel 2021 Release Wave 2 Plan 768x460.jpg

2021 Release Wave 2 Plan

Power Platform release plan for the 2021 release wave 2 describes all new features releasing from October 2021 through March 2022.

R2 (Green) 768 x 460px.png

Microsoft Dynamics 365 & Power Platform User Professionals

DynamicsCon is a FREE, 4 half-day virtual learning experience for 11,000+ Microsoft Business Application users and professionals.

Top Solution Authors
Users online (866)