cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Form submission to mail merge and email

Hello all,

I am trying to accomplish the following flow

Form response (Form is located on a SharePoint site) --> If one answer has a specific response, it will get the response data and put it into a mail merge --> Save the mail merge as a PDF --> Send PDF to whoever submitted the Form

Please let me know if this is possible, any guidance would be helpful. I'm definitely reached the limit to my own problem solving.

Thank you!

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Microsoft
Microsoft

Hi @bmoorhouse 

If you want to use mail merge for Word and then convert word to pdf in flow, you need to use the excel table to create html file, convert the html file to pdf and send emails with pdfs.

Here, the html file serves as a medium to convert docx to pdf because flow does not support creating docx file using excel data other than doc. However, doc can’t be converted to pdf using standard connector except premium connector such as Encodian which has limits for calls. So, the easiest way to convert docx to pdf is to use html file as a medium.

Here is the detailed flow:

2.1-1.PNG

2.1-2.PNG

2.1-3.PNG

2.1-4.PNG

If you want to save the doc file as well, please add a step as below:

2.1-5.PNG

Best Regards,
Community Support Team _ Kira Xie
If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.

View solution in original post

3 REPLIES 3
Microsoft
Microsoft

Hi @bmoorhouse 

I would like to create a flow to meet your need. But I need more info. 

Could you tell me whether the Form located in sharepoint list is an excel file or other type? And if the Form is exported from Form responses?

What kind of specific response do you want? 

The mail merge here means for Excel or Word or others?

Whether the pdf is integrated and the pdf sent for everyone is the same, or the pdf sent for everyone is with same structure and different conten? 

Best Regards,
If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.

Could you tell me whether the Form located in sharepoint list is an excel file or other type? And if the Form is exported from Form responses?

It is an excel file on the Sharepoint, it is the same live document when accessed from the Form responses in the Forms webapp

What kind of specific response do you want? 

It is a multiple choice question. When one of the responses is selected we would want the PDF made

The mail merge here means for Excel or Word or others?

I was thinking of using the Mail Merge for Word because it feeds easily from excel files. If there is another way that might be easier, I am open to suggestions. 

Whether the pdf is integrated and the pdf sent for everyone is the same, or the pdf sent for everyone is with same structure and different content? 

The PDF would be the same structure with different content. For context this is for a group doing inspections, they will complete the form and we are hoping for a PDF that they can share with the clients.

Let me know if there are any other questions that will help you put something together for me! I appreciate the help

Microsoft
Microsoft

Hi @bmoorhouse 

If you want to use mail merge for Word and then convert word to pdf in flow, you need to use the excel table to create html file, convert the html file to pdf and send emails with pdfs.

Here, the html file serves as a medium to convert docx to pdf because flow does not support creating docx file using excel data other than doc. However, doc can’t be converted to pdf using standard connector except premium connector such as Encodian which has limits for calls. So, the easiest way to convert docx to pdf is to use html file as a medium.

Here is the detailed flow:

2.1-1.PNG

2.1-2.PNG

2.1-3.PNG

2.1-4.PNG

If you want to save the doc file as well, please add a step as below:

2.1-5.PNG

Best Regards,

View solution in original post

Helpful resources

Announcements
Microsoft Ignite

Microsoft Ignite

Join digitally, March 2–4, 2021 to explore new tech that's ready to implement. Experience the keynote in mixed reality through AltspaceVR!

New Super Users

Meet the Power Automate Super Users!

Many congratulations to the Season 1 2021 Flownaut Crew!

New Badges

New Solution Badges!

Check out our new profile badges recognizing authored solutions!

MPA Community Blog

Power Automate Community Blog

Check out the community blog page where you can find valuable learning material from community and product team members!

Users online (34,344)