cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Frequent Visitor

Form to Sharepoint List Null Values

Hello, 

I am pretty new to Automate but find it extremely useful.  I have managed to build a pretty good flow from forms to SharePoint via MS docs and some good YouTube videos.  I truly would appreciate any help or any reference materials to read. 

"The 'from' property value in the 'select' action inputs is of type 'Null'. The value must be an array."

Issue:

In my form, I have branching so at times, I may not receive any answers for certain questions and that is ok because they were not needed to be answered.  In some of my multiple choice, multi selection questions, Flow is expecting values and throws an error saying it expects an array and not a null value.  How do i write an IF statement to handle that so no errors are thrown when something that is ok happens.  In other words, null values may be ok at times. 

Thank you again and look forward to your replies.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

@Tony_P0463 

Please move your step parse step to the yes

If this post helps you with your problem, please mark your as Accepted solution.If you like my response, please give it a Thumbs Up.

View solution in original post

5 REPLIES 5
Resident Rockstar
Resident Rockstar

@Tony_P0463 

Please using condition action as below as below:

Mira_Ghaly_0-1597712986443.png

If this post helps you with your problem, please mark your as Accepted solution.

If you like my response, please give it a Thumbs Up.

MG (Naturally Curious)

If this post helps you with your problem, please mark your as Accepted solution.If you like my response, please give it a Thumbs Up.

Thanks for the suggestion MG, though i think I may not be doing something right. 

I added the condition as an action right before it does the json parsing, but it still errored out. 

That being said, I have two boxes "If Yes" and "If No", not sure if I had to do something with those two. 

@Tony_P0463 

Please move your step parse step to the yes

View solution in original post

Thank you Mira!

Regular Visitor

Hi,

Were you able to resolve this issue.  I've added the condition to the flow but still get the Error

The 'from' property value in the 'select' action inputs is of type 'Null'. The value must be an array.

ErrorOnArray.JPG

Any idea or thought to allow the array not to trigger if the question is null?

Helpful resources

Announcements
PP Bootcamp Carousel

Global Power Platform Bootcamp

Dive into the Power Platform stack with hands-on sessions and labs, virtually delivered to you by experts and community leaders.

secondImage

Power Platform Community Conference On Demand

Watch Nick Doelman's session from the 2020 Power Platform Community Conference on demand!

MPA Community Blog

Power Automate Community Blog

Check out the community blog page where you can find valuable learning material from community and product team members!

Top Solution Authors
Users online (9,972)