cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Regular Visitor

Form triggered event update mystery

Hi there,

Cyber Security Awareness Month and we're trying to have form registrations to our special training sessions automatically issue formal calendar invitations.

The flow has been created and runs through "successfully" without actually doing anything.

Created flow from source advisory online

• "When a new response is submitted" triggers from "Form Id"
  • "Get response details" from same "Form Id" collects "Response Id"
  • "Get events" accesses Calendar where Subject eq 'Which session..." variable
  • Each option matches event subject in Outlook Status 200 returned for each of the "successful" runs I have checked
  • Can't see output data from last step so pressuming fault is there.

Smuts_0-1601899553535.png

Total newbie and very keen to fix.

Thanks in advance.

11 REPLIES 11
Super User II
Super User II

@Smuts 

Please Share your flow instance view from flow history. Click on any successful flow and share same.

Thanks

Hardesh

Hi Hardesh,

The "Get response details" aren't matching to the Get events Outlook calendar event id.

I think I'm going to have to revert to manual decision tree as I can't fix the syntax to make them match

Output from Get response details below

Smuts_0-1601911508874.png

Output from Get events (v4) below

Smuts_1-1601911692618.png

@Smuts 

Please show me your filter query syntax.

Thanks

Hardesh

Filter query syntax is "Subject eq" followed by dynamic content from form.

Recommendation video I followed matched this output to the subject of the Outlook event.

Smuts_0-1601913257152.png

Raw inputs to Get Events (V4) reads as follows.

"$filter""Subject eq [\"Securely Using Office 365 Tools - 15th Oct @ 12pm-1pm\"]",
I have emboldened the string which I believe should be keyed to the event.

@Smuts 

Compose your subject in a compose action and then pass this in filter query like this-

Subject eq 'Compose(output)'  --> mind single quote it is important. and compose(Output) is from Compose action in which you will construct your subject.

Thanks

Hardesh

Thanks Hardesh.

I shall investigate the Compose action.

Regular Visitor

I actually don't know which characters to remove in order to facilitate a match with the Outlook event id.

Should it be the double quotes or the parenthesis?

@Smuts 

Outlook Event ID is different which is long string of characters. What do you want to achieve via filter query? you have to use single quotes in filter query.

Thanks

Hardesh

What I'm trying to achieve is the following.

1. Three training events are booked into Outlook
  2. A form is created with three training events available for selection
  3. Colleagues are notified of the courses and visit the form to select those they wish to attend
  4. A colleague enters their name and email into the form and selects any combination of the three training events
  5. The Form completion triggers the flow in Power Automate
  6. The 'Get events' action uses the filter query "Subject eq 'Which session(s) would you like to attend?'" variable response for the calendar id to search for the event in the calendar
  7. The 'Update event' action updates the event, where a match is found, with the new attendee details

The issue is the failure to link between the event id in Outlook calendar and the question response it item 6 above.

The following link, which was fairly popular as a response to the issue in this community, steered me in this direction.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KQzU1gKZYIY&t=580s

@Smuts 

if you are confused with filter query. You can use filter array then.

i will see this and update you once i perform testing myself.

Thanks

Hardesh

Sorry Hardesh, I've been talking about the ID, but the Calendar match is through the Subject, not the ID.

The original flow data I shared in this thread points out the issue with the subject matching.

The ID is located once the match has been made and used thereafter.

Helpful resources

Announcements
New Super Users

Meet the Power Automate Super Users!

Many congratulations to the Season 1 2021 Flownaut Crew!

New Badges

New Solution Badges!

Check out our new profile badges recognizing authored solutions!

MPA Community Blog

Power Automate Community Blog

Check out the community blog page where you can find valuable learning material from community and product team members!

Users online (60,953)