cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
Frequent Visitor

Format numbers function from sharepoint list

Hello, i am trying to display a number from a sharepoint list as a currency format in the approval workflow. I tried to use the new format numbers process in flow but it does not get the dynamic selection from the sharepoint list. 

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Highlighted
Community Support
Community Support

Re: Format numbers function from sharepoint list

Hi @clarkzara ,

Basically, when configuring an action, it will automatically match Dynamic content according to the type. If you can't get it, it may be that the type does not match.

We can search directly in Search box first. If it is still not available, we can use Compose to get Dynamic content first. Compose can receive all data types.

Best Regards,

Community Support Team _ Barry
If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.

View solution in original post

3 REPLIES 3
Highlighted
Community Support
Community Support

Hi @clarkzara ,

I think it may be that the type of the field and the parameter type expected by the format number action are inconsistent, so you cannot get Dynamic content.

You can use Compose to get Dynamic content, and then fill the output of Compose in this action.

Please take a try and feel free to let us know if it not work. And it is best to provide some screenshot of the flow configuration so that we could check the issue easily.

Best Regards,

If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.
Highlighted
Frequent Visitor

i was wondering why it will work if it was manually trigger. It was able to format the number i inputted in the manual trigger. However, if i do the trigger when a new item in the sharepoint list, it will only show the ListID. It does not show as a dynamic content the field under the sharepoint list?

Highlighted
Community Support
Community Support

Hi @clarkzara ,

Basically, when configuring an action, it will automatically match Dynamic content according to the type. If you can't get it, it may be that the type does not match.

We can search directly in Search box first. If it is still not available, we can use Compose to get Dynamic content first. Compose can receive all data types.

Best Regards,

View solution in original post

Helpful resources

Announcements
Community Conference

Power Platform Community Conference

Check out the on demand sessions that are available now!

Power Platform ISV Studio

Power Platform ISV Studio

ISV Studio is designed to become the go-to Power Platform destination for ISV’s to monitor & manage published applications.

Tech Marathon

Maratón de Soluciones de Negocio Microsoft

Una semana de contenido con +100 sesiones educativas, consultorios, +10 workshops Premium, Hackaton, EXPO, Networking Hall y mucho más!

Top Solution Authors
Top Kudoed Authors
Users online (5,983)