cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
ElizabethK
Helper II
Helper II

Formatted MS Flow Email

I want to set up an E-Mail that goes out every three months that goes to the leaders in the department. I learned how to make a formatted email using HTML code from this website: https://davidlozzi.com/2018/11/01/sending-a-beautifully-formatted-email-from-microsoft-flow/ 

The problem is that my E-Mail has images that are specifically photos owned by our company. I tried saving these images to my OneDrive and using the HTML website for the images since they do not come across. Our company does not allow us to make an anonymous link to our OneDrive. Does anyone know a way to go about this? I tried pulling images from the company's public website but the images are JPEG for some reason and do not come through on a flow email. Only PNG images come through.  

3 REPLIES 3
haidernadeem
Community Support
Community Support

Hi @ElizabethK ,

Since the issue you are having is with JPEG files, I have thought of a workaround for this, and I'm wondering if it would solve your issue. 

Could you screenshot the image that you want to save in your email and upload that screenshot? Screenshots save as PNG files, so I'm wondering if this would work for you. 

Regards, Haider 

Thank you Haider, I appreciate your response. The problem with that is where the screenshot would then be saved to create that public HTML link that I could then insert into the HTML code for the message. That is the issue that I am up against - the link has to be a public link for the reader to be able to view the image when they get the E-Mail. Unfortunately, it seems our corporate regulations on making the image in my OneDrive a public HTML link is prohibited. 

haidernadeem
Community Support
Community Support

@ElizabethK 

I understand that you would need some sort of public link in this case. A website like imgur.com may be useful to you in this situation, as it creates a public link for images. Please note that Imgur is not a product of Microsoft, and I cannot guarantee the credibility of the website or the security risks associated with the site, so proceed at your own risk with using something like this. 

It seems as though, the issue is not with Power Automate itself in this situation. If I am misunderstanding, and there is an issue with the flow itself, do let me know and I can attempt to look into this further. 

Regards, Haider 

Helpful resources

Announcements
Community Connections 768x460.jpg

Community & How To Videos

Check out the new Power Platform Community Connections gallery!

User Group Leader Meeting January 768x460.png

Calling all User Group Leaders!

Don't miss the User Group Leader meetings on January, 24th & 25th, 2022.

Top Solution Authors
Top Kudoed Authors
Users online (1,156)