cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
rsparks
Level: Powered On

Formatting Table within either Approvals or Outlook Emails

I'm trying to feed this data from a Sharepoint list into a table in either an email or an approval:

columns.PNG

I realise 11 is a lot of columns, and that Mens Size/Ladies Size have a fair bit of data. 

When I tried to use table formatting in an approval email, it looks like this:

approval gimped.PNGmax width.PNG

Unreadable, due to what I assume is the max width of the approval window. The outlook example didn't look much better:

stretched.PNG

Only half (6 instead of 11) the columns were used in the test, and it still almost reached the edge of the email window.

I stole the formatting for the outlook HTML table from an online HTML editor. How would I go about giving the table some borders, some padding around those borders, and the equivalent of "Text Wrapping" so that cells aren't as wide? 

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Community Support Team
Community Support Team

Re: Formatting Table within either Approvals or Outlook Emails

Hi @rsparks ,

The Select action would require an Array input.

You could add the filter array in your "Get items" action as my screenshot below to get only one record:

1.png

Best regards,

Alice       

Community Support Team _ Alice Zhang
If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.

View solution in original post

4 REPLIES 4
Community Support Team
Community Support Team

Hi @rsparks ,

Hope the link below about create and format HTML table could help you:

https://www.c-sharpcorner.com/article/how-to-create-and-format-html-table-using-microsoft-flow-and-s...

Best regards,

Alice       

If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.

rsparks

@v-alzhan-msft I've already seen that example, but the issue is his method "get items". Meaning all of the rows in the sharepoint list are printed to the table. 

I need an example that only prints the item that triggered the flow. I don't understand why "Operations - Select" can only use "get items" as a trigger, not "get item"? 

If I try to workaround this by using "get items" as the value for the "from" in "Select" and use the outputs from "get item" as the mapped values for each column, it simply prints a table with multiple rows of the exact same data:

sneak.PNGhewlp.PNG

How can I force it to only print 1 row?  And how can I add padding where the blue line is? The data is almost overlapping it's so close.

Community Support Team
Community Support Team

Hi @rsparks ,

The Select action would require an Array input.

You could add the filter array in your "Get items" action as my screenshot below to get only one record:

1.png

Best regards,

Alice       

View solution in original post

rsparks

@v-alzhan-msft perfect, thanks.

Helpful resources

Announcements
firstImage

New Ranks and Rank Icons in April

Read the announcement for more information!

firstImage

Better Together Contest Finalists Announced!

Congrats to the finalists of our ‘Better Together’-themed T-shirt design contest! Click for the top entries.

firstImage

New & Improved Power Automate Community Cookbook

We've updated and improved the layout and uploading format of the Power Automate Cookbook!

thirdimage

Power Automate Community User Group Member Badge

Fill out a quick form to claim your user group badge now!

sixthImage

Community Summit North America

The top training and networking event across the globe for Microsoft Business Applications

Top Solution Authors
Top Kudoed Authors
Users online (4,453)