cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Post Prodigy
Post Prodigy

Formatting a Filter Array output(body)

Hi all
I am triggering a flow from Powerapps and after extensive google/searching here etc i', lost 😞

I have my Power apps trigger

I have a 'Get Items which is filtered by date
I have a 'Filter array' which returns the information correctly

What i want to do is now take that information and turn it into a HTML document but i dont want to show all the returned information and i don't want to use 'Create HTML table' action.

What would be my next step?

Gary

6 REPLIES 6
Super User III
Super User III

hi @gazzo1967  dis you test with parse JSON?, see and example.

json.gif

Did I answer your question? Please consider to Mark
my post as a solution! to guide others :winking_face:

Proud to be a Flownaut!

If you want you can follow me at www.christianabata.com Quieres contenido en español? Síguenos en Power Automate LA

HI @ChristianAbata 
this is all my flow has at the moment as i dont know what to do next

Capture.JPG

if i add a parse Json after Filter Array it asks me for content which one do i use?

Body or Items?
The it asks for a schema

if i put a compose after filter array and use output from Array the parse json still asks for scema

mmm @gazzo1967  when you use get items you are getting lot of values from a list, so when you use filter query I asume you are getting just specific values, I don't know if I'm understhand ding well but what you need to di is just select one of all values returned by filter query?

for example

Imagine that you have in your list this values

MyDaat 1 22-22-22
OterD 2 22-33-22
Example 2 22-22-33
More 2 44-33-11

So using get items you extract all of the data theb filter array allows you to get specific data like from all values just get the data with 2. So applying filter query you can get this

OterD 2 22-33-22
Example 2 22-22-33
More 2 44-33-11

then I'm asuming that you need to use just one of that filtered values like just convert into a table the row name Example?

Proud to be a Flownaut!

If you want you can follow me at www.christianabata.com Quieres contenido en español? Síguenos en Power Automate LA

@ChristianAbata 
Again thank you for the response 🙂

Capture.JPG

I have added the Create HTML Table as my next action and found the Columns 'Custom' and added the fields i want 🙂 but the next step is to email that complete html table but it sends separate emails for each entry 😞

oh @gazzo1967  I understand, what you need to do is manage variables, pleasee see my example

apend1.PNGapend2.PNG

see my compose could be your table, so you can use that output into an email after compose. 😉

Proud to be a Flownaut!

Hi @gazzo1967 ,

First method is to use Filter Query to filter items directly. In this way, you do not need to use Filter array to filter items, you can also easily configure Create HTML table action.

Please check this article to get more details about the usage of Filter Query:

https://sharepains.com/2018/11/12/sharepoint-get-items-odata-filter-query/

For the usage of Parse JSON action, please check this article:

http://johnliu.net/blog/2018/6/a-thesis-on-the-parse-json-action-in-microsoft-flow

You could also refer to the following image to configure flow.

Filter.gif

Hope this helps.

Best Regards,

Community Support Team _ Barry
If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.

Helpful resources

Announcements
Community Conference

Power Platform Community Conference

Check out the on demand sessions that are available now!

MPA Community Blog

Power Automate Community Blog

Check out the community blog page where you can find valuable learning material from community and product team members!

Top Solution Authors
Top Kudoed Authors
Users online (7,008)