cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
KBeale
Helper III
Helper III

Formatting an HTML table attached to an approval

I'm working on an approval where I need to send all previous requests from the requestor to the approver. I'm resigned to the fact that I can't pull data from a list and get it into a table and then into the body of the approval in a useful format 😞 but I'm wondering if there's any way to improve the formatting of an attached table. A screenshot of how it looks now is below. I've tried various options using the Format table action and gotten nowhere. Even adding borders would be a big improvement. Any advice? Thanks in advance! 

Screen Shot 2020-08-28 at 10.05.02.png

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

@KBeale 

A very easy way to add borders to the HTML will be to add a compose action and put in the formula

replace(body('Create_HTML_table'),'<table>','<table border="1">')

CFernandes_0-1600247251761.png

On a side it will be great to Have HTML support in the Approval action, Please Upvote the idea https://powerusers.microsoft.com/t5/Power-Automate-Ideas/Approval-Email-HTML-Instead-of-Markdown/idi... 

If this reply has answered your question or solved your issue, please mark this question as answered. Answered questions helps users in the future who may have the same issue or question quickly find a resolution via search. If you liked my response, please consider giving it a thumbs up. THANKS!

View solution in original post

9 REPLIES 9
PrasadAthalye
Super User
Super User

I think you will find the answer in the below link. It explains how to use markup language in power automate html formatting...

https://docs.microsoft.com/en-us/power-automate/approvals-markdown-support

For example.. Below is how my table looks. 

PrasadAthalye_0-1599784898056.png

Please mark this as an answer if this resolves your issue.

Please Like and Mark this as Answer if it resolves your Issue.

Power Automate Community

Thank you for replying, but I need to send a table with dynamic content (depending on who responds to the form that's my trigger) pulled from a list (markdown in the body only works if I know the values in advance.) Unfortunately, it seems that the only way to get that kind of an HTML table into an approval is to send it as an attachment 😞 Sorry if I wasn't clear in my initial post and please do let me know if you have any insight on formatting an HTML table sent as an attachment to an approval! 

Thanks for the clarification. Can you please check if following helps to meet the requirement? There is a Create HTML Table option in compose...

Please like and mark this as answer if it helps to resolve your issue.

PrasadAthalye_0-1600180446701.png

Power Automate Community

I'm using it to create the table itself (screenshot of that section below), but there doesn't seem to be a way to format it as an attachment 😞 I tried the format HTLM table action, but it only seems to work when the table is in the body, which isn't an option in approvals as it is in emails.

Screen Shot 2020-09-15 at 16.45.43.png

Are you looking for creating a new file using that content that you would like to attach to approval action?

Power Automate Community

What I would like to do is provide the approver with all previous requests from the requestor who fills out the form that triggers my flow. Responses to the form populate a list, which I pull the previous responses from. I'm adding them to an html table, which I then attached to the approval. I've included the relevant steps in screenshots below. I would love to include the information in the HTML table in the body of the approval, but there doesn't seem to be a way to do that in an approval (unlike in an email), so I'm hoping to at least make the attached table look a bit better. Thanks for your help! 

Screen Shot 2020-09-16 at 10.08.44.png

Screen Shot 2020-09-16 at 10.10.29.png

Screen Shot 2020-09-16 at 10.11.16.png

@KBeale 

A very easy way to add borders to the HTML will be to add a compose action and put in the formula

replace(body('Create_HTML_table'),'<table>','<table border="1">')

CFernandes_0-1600247251761.png

On a side it will be great to Have HTML support in the Approval action, Please Upvote the idea https://powerusers.microsoft.com/t5/Power-Automate-Ideas/Approval-Email-HTML-Instead-of-Markdown/idi... 

If this reply has answered your question or solved your issue, please mark this question as answered. Answered questions helps users in the future who may have the same issue or question quickly find a resolution via search. If you liked my response, please consider giving it a thumbs up. THANKS!

View solution in original post

Thanks! And done! 🙂 

@KBeale I am glad that my inputs helped! 🙂

Helpful resources

Announcements
UG GA Amplification 768x460.png

Launching new user group features

Learn how to create your own user groups today!

Community Connections 768x460.jpg

Community & How To Videos

Check out the new Power Platform Community Connections gallery!

Top Solution Authors
Top Kudoed Authors
Users online (3,207)