cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
ABMensah
Frequent Visitor

Formatting messages

Hi

i have a flow which sends a message to a Microsoft Teams channel when a condition is met from Salesforce. I would like to format the message to appear on separate rows instead of one line as per attachment

How would I configure the flow to do this?flow config 1.JPGflow example 1.JPG

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
v-xida-msft
Community Support
Community Support

Hi @ABMensah,

Could you please share a screenshot of your flow’s configuration?

Do you want to format your message with the format that shows in your “Post message 2” action?

I have made a test on my side and the flow works well. Please take a try to configure Message as below:9.JPG

The flow works successfully as below:10.JPG

Best regards,

Kris

Community Support Team _ Kris Dai
If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.

View solution in original post

8 REPLIES 8
v-xida-msft
Community Support
Community Support

Hi @ABMensah,

Could you please share a screenshot of your flow’s configuration?

Do you want to format your message with the format that shows in your “Post message 2” action?

I have made a test on my side and the flow works well. Please take a try to configure Message as below:9.JPG

The flow works successfully as below:10.JPG

Best regards,

Kris

Community Support Team _ Kris Dai
If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.

View solution in original post

Hi @v-xida-msft,

I have tried the suggested approach:

Capture1.JPG

But I am still not able to have text on a new row.Capture2.JPG

Probably I am missing something?

Kind Regards,
Emil

Anonymous
Not applicable

I have the same issue as Emil does. I also tried Markdown, didn't work...

Hi All,

From my testing here, if you are using the "Post a message as the Flow bot to a user" flow, then you can use MARK UP formatting to format the message. HTML formatting did not work for me in my testing.

More details about MarkDown formatting can be found here https://docs.microsoft.com/en-us/microsoftteams/platform/concepts/cards/cards-format#markdown-format...

Interstingly, I was only able to get basic MarkDown formatting to work like the bold and italic. If I tried to use the /n or /r to mark a new line, that did not work.

Atlernatively, you can use the "Post a message with Adaptive Card to a user" flow instead, and use the JSON formatting instead. There is a nice wizard to help you generate your JSON, https://adaptivecards.io

Hope this helps!

I just accidentally found that if you press return twice everywhere you need a new line, then it works.  The appearance is still poor but at least you get a new line.

jukow
Frequent Visitor

and this is the solution! 🙂 thanks!

Same here,  

before an update from Ms  text has format with Html, no appears the Tags <b><Center> <a hrfe... etc) 

German_Chris
Frequent Visitor

Yes this works with the 2 ENTER, but this is like a new paragrah ... I need an new line.
HTML and MARKDOWN, both do not format the text.. 

Helpful resources

Announcements
MPA_User Group Leader_768x460.jpg

Manage your user group events

Check out the News & Announcements to learn more.

V3_PVA CAmpaign Carousel.png

Community Challenge - Giveaways!

Participate in the Power Virtual Agents Community Challenge

Carousel 2021 Release Wave 2 Plan 768x460.jpg

2021 Release Wave 2 Plan

Power Platform release plan for the 2021 release wave 2 describes all new features releasing from October 2021 through March 2022.

PowerPlatform 768x460.png

Microsoft Learn

Check out our new Discover Your Career Path blog post series and get all the details.

Top Solution Authors
Users online (965)