cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
bprovost
Level: Power Up

Formatting the body of an Email

Hi!

I have a Flow that takes data from a Form and sends it via email. 

For example, the email will return something like this after the Form is submitted:

Your Name: John Doe

Role:

Computer Name:

What I want is to *not* have things like "Role:" and "Computer Name:" come up at all in the email if the questions weren't answered in the Form. Is there a way to do this? Thanks for any help or advice you may have!

4 REPLIES 4
Highlighted
mbutterz
Level: Powered On

Re: Formatting the body of an Email

Just don't add those Dynamic content parts to the body of the email - only add the ones you do want!

bprovost

Sometimes those questions are answered and would need to be included in the email. So basically, if it's answered, I want it in there, and if it's not answered, I don't want it there.

Community Support Team
Community Support Team

Hi @bprovost ,

You could refer to the following method to configure Flow.

• Determine if the answer is empty, and if it is not empty, append the question and answer to the variable.
  • It is also recommended to set some required questions to Required. For example, Your Name is a required question ,this answer can be configured directly in the Email body.

12.PNG

• Use Condition to determine if the submission is empty, and if not, append the content. The configuration of several Conditions is similar.

Image reference:

13.PNG14.PNG15.PNG16.PNG

Hope it helps.

Best Regards,

Community Support Team _ Barry
If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.
bprovost

The form is over 40 questions long with many multiple answers for each question. Is there a way to do this in an expression within the body of the email, so that if a field has a value, it publishes the category with the response?

For example, a different part of the flow takes a log input by a user that typically runs together as one paragraph. I have an expression written in the body of the email that takes that log and puts every sentence on its own line, thus formatting it correctly. That expression is:

uriComponentToString(

replace(

uriComponent(body('Get_response_details')[r7571576ae83e40038b69668c8e263d2d']),

'%0A',

'<br/>'

)

)

I essentially want to do something similar, but with adding or not adding a category if there is an answer to a question on the form.

Helpful resources

Announcements
firstImage

Microsoft Flow Online Conference

Join us for a FULL day of FREE Microsoft Flow Sessions from some of the best minds in the industry!

firstImage

Watch Sessions On Demand!

Continue your learning in our online communities.

Power Platform 2019 Release Wave 2 Plan

Power Platform 2019 Release Wave 2 Plan

Features releasing from October 2019 through March 2020

thirdimage

Flow Community User Group Member Badge

Fill out a quick form to claim your user group badge now!

thirdImage

New Flow Community Board!

Check out the new Microsoft Flow Community Blog Topic Suggestion board!

fifthimage

Microsoft Learn

Learn how to build the business apps that you need

sixthImage

Power Platform World Tour

Find out where you can attend!

seventhimage

Webinars & Video Gallery

Watch & learn from the Flow Community Video Gallery!

Top Kudoed Authors
Users Online
Currently online: 50 members 4,380 guests
Please welcome our newest community members: