cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
Regular Visitor

Forms Pro Survey Response not triggering

I want to trigger a flow whenever a Forms Pro Survey Response is received, I tried both the below triggers, but in both cases the flow did not run.

Trigger 1:

CDS_Trigger.png

Trigger 2:

Trigger.png

The Responses received in Forms Pro for the Survey.

Responses.png

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Highlighted
Dual Super User
Dual Super User

Re: Forms Pro Survey Response not triggering

Hey @Rilsina 

To do this, you need to get the case details from the Form responder itself. Once the responder adds the case number or any unique identifier for the case, you need to add an action to get records and use filter query as fieldname eq 'the unique field from the form' and get that case and then use its GUID to set the regarding for the notes. 

Hope this helps!

If this reply has answered your question or solved your issue, please mark this question as answered. Answered questions helps users in the future who may have the same issue or question quickly find a resolution via search. If you liked my response, please consider giving it a thumbs up. THANKS!

View solution in original post

5 REPLIES 5
Highlighted
Dual Super User
Dual Super User

Hi @Rilsina 

Those are the triggers and connectors for CDS and Dynamics respectively. You need to use the Forms trigger for the forms actions. More here: https://flow.microsoft.com/en-us/blog/building-scratch-forms-responses/ 

Hope this Helps!

If this reply has answered your question or solved your issue, please mark this question as answered. Answered questions helps users in the future who may have the same issue or question quickly find a resolution via search. If you liked my response, please consider giving it a thumbs up. THANKS!

Highlighted
Community Support
Community Support

Hi @Rilsina,

Please use the Microsoft Forms Pro trigger if you want to trigger the Flow when a survey is submitted:

https://asia.flow.microsoft.com/en-us/connectors/shared_microsoftformspro/microsoft-forms-pro/

Best Regards,
Community Support Team _ Lin Tu
If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.

Highlighted
Regular Visitor

Hi,

Thanks for the responses.

The Forms Pro Trigger works and I had checked it earlier.

However, my main requirement was to set the response of the survey as a note on the Case for which this survey was triggered.

The Forms Pro Trigger body does not contain any field for regarding, so I am able to get response details and create Note, but can not set it on the case for which this survey was triggered.

Survey_Response.png

Highlighted
Dual Super User
Dual Super User

Hey @Rilsina 

To do this, you need to get the case details from the Form responder itself. Once the responder adds the case number or any unique identifier for the case, you need to add an action to get records and use filter query as fieldname eq 'the unique field from the form' and get that case and then use its GUID to set the regarding for the notes. 

Hope this helps!

View solution in original post

Highlighted

@Rilsina - not sure if you are still trying to get this to work. A few pointers not already mentioned.

If you are sending out the survey to your customers to respond, then add a Case Number survey variable in Forms Pro. Then I suggest using Power Automate and having a flow such as this:

• Trigger - Case is closed or something similar - CDS Connector 
  • Action - Get Customer (either Contact or Account) based on the value on the case - CDS Connector
  • Action - Create Invitation or Send Survey from the Forms Pro connector - then populate the details with the Contact as the Recipient, and the Case as the Regarding. Populate the Case Number from the trigger step
  • Action - if you used the Create Invitation step, then add the link to an email to send it

More details here:

https://meganvwalker.com/add-personalisation-to-form-pro-survey/ - Send Survey

https://meganvwalker.com/creating-an-invitation-to-a-forms-pro-survey/ - Create Invitation

When the response comes back in, you will need another flow for that. Something along the lines of:

• Trigger - When Survey Response is created - CDS Connector - NOT Forms Connector
  • Action - Get Case using the id from the Regarding field on the Survey Response
  • Action - Get response details - Forms Connector
  • Action - Populate your case field with the question from your survey response

Helpful resources

Announcements
firstImage

Power Platform 2020 release wave 2 plan

Features releasing from October 2020 through March 2021

firstImage

Join the new Power Virtual Agents Community!

We are excited to announce the launch of Power Virtual Agents Community. Check it out now!

firstImage

New & Improved Power Automate Community Cookbook

We've updated and improved the layout and uploading format of the Power Automate Cookbook!

thirdimage

Power Automate Community User Group Member Badge

Fill out a quick form to claim your user group badge now!

Top Solution Authors
Top Kudoed Authors
Users online (7,904)