cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
Frequent Visitor

Forms Submission Count Vs. Flow Run count

Hi All,

I have a service request system that takes form responses and posts those to a teams site to one of several lists, depending on the request type. The flow also automatically "rejects" invalid submissions (due date is in the past etc.) by not posting the request to the site and instead emails the respondent a notice that the submission did not go through due to X. 

The problem I'm facing is that we had three form responses not trigger the flow. The flow did not fail, there is simply no instance of these responses in run history. We've used this system for the past three months, for about 4000 requests total. All lost responses occurred in the span of one hour, and there have been no similar interruptions before or since. As far as I'm aware neither the form nor the flow were edited in this time, but it's important that this system is 100% reliable.

Because I can't explain the lapse, I'd like to set up a recurring flow (independent of the flow that was skipped) that counts form responses for the day and compares that to flow runs over the same period. I can't simply compare using items on the SharePoint site because of the reject feature.

Some notes:

• I'm using split on the trigger
  • I have no concurrency limits or conditions on the trigger
  • We're well within our usage limits on all systems
  • I'm using classic forms but plan to migrate to Forms Pro

Any help on the missing responses or a way to automatically compare response and run counts would be much appreciated!

2 REPLIES 2
Highlighted
Community Support
Community Support

Hi @Grayden ,

You could try to plan to migrate to Forms Pro. Maybe this will solve the problem you are currently experiencing.

As for comparing response and run counts, I am afraid there is no suitable method at present. On the Flow side, we can't automatically get the number of times Flow has run.

You can manually get the specified number of Flow runs, export the Flow run history, and view the number.

205.PNG

In addition, you can view Responses in the MS Forms portal.

206.PNG

Best Regards,

Community Support Team _ Barry
If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.
Highlighted

Thanks Barry,

I'm presently doing a manual check as you suggest, but it would be nice to eventually have the forms response log work like a Excel 365 sheet where the live data could be queried by flow. The goal is to set up an end of day email to the effect of [Flow Run Count] "responses out of" [Forms Response Count] "were successfully processed today." so I don't have to pull the reports myself. I'm considering to port both over to a separate excel file for an easier comparison, but I fear this could be just as susceptible to the problem and it would eat up a good portion of my remaining run allocation.

Helpful resources

Announcements
Community Conference

Power Platform Community Conference

Check out the on demand sessions that are available now!

Power Platform ISV Studio

Power Platform ISV Studio

ISV Studio is designed to become the go-to Power Platform destination for ISV’s to monitor & manage published applications.

Top Solution Authors
Top Kudoed Authors
Users online (8,051)