cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Forms allowing upload - attach actual file and email to staff

I have a Microsoft Form created and it asked the user various questions and allows them to upload a file at the end.

I have the flow working currently which emails a number of users the responses to the questions which is all working fine.

However, the email only contains a file attachment with what looks like the file location rather than the file itself.

Is it possible to attach the upload rather than just the location?

Screenshot 2020-10-21 at 12.56.34.png

Screenshot 2020-10-21 at 12.56.03.png

  

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Dual Super User III
Dual Super User III

Files uploaded to Forms are automatically saved to the Maker's OneDrive for Business.  To add them as an attachment you need to retrieve the file contents from there.  To do that take the response from the upload question and Parse the JSON.  Then use the ID to retrieve the file content from JSON.  You can then insert the name and file content as an attachment.  (Note: I've used the First() function to pull the first file from the collection, since it always returns a collection) See the screenshot below.

image.png

image.png

-------------------------------------------------------------------------
If I have answered your question, please mark your post as Solved.
If you like my response, please give it a Thumbs Up.

View solution in original post

2 REPLIES 2
Dual Super User III
Dual Super User III

Files uploaded to Forms are automatically saved to the Maker's OneDrive for Business.  To add them as an attachment you need to retrieve the file contents from there.  To do that take the response from the upload question and Parse the JSON.  Then use the ID to retrieve the file content from JSON.  You can then insert the name and file content as an attachment.  (Note: I've used the First() function to pull the first file from the collection, since it always returns a collection) See the screenshot below.

image.png

image.png

-------------------------------------------------------------------------
If I have answered your question, please mark your post as Solved.
If you like my response, please give it a Thumbs Up.

View solution in original post

Thanks Pstork1 - worked perfectly

Helpful resources

Announcements
Community Conference

Power Platform Community Conference

Check out the on demand sessions that are available now!

MPA Community Blog

Power Automate Community Blog

Check out the community blog page where you can find valuable learning material from community and product team members!

Top Solution Authors
Top Kudoed Authors
Users online (8,187)