cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Anonymous
Not applicable

Forms and Flow

Hello,

Is there anything like conditional notification available? 

I'm new to flow/microsoft forms, I've been trying to create a flow to do the following:

I need it to send an e-mail with my forms responses attached as a pdf  based on my forms response.

There is gonna be an e-mail for every choice. If 2 choices are choosen it sends e-mails to both e-mails related to the question response.

Example:

Question 1:

Choice X

Choice Y 

Choice Z

I tried creating a flow but it keeps failing and I didn't quite understand the process.

I'd appreciate guidance through the process.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

Hi @Anonymous ,

Dynamic content seems to meet your needs, you just need to fill the Dynamic content of the corresponding question in the To field of Send email notification action.

For the Multiple choice of Question2, you need to use the expression to get the email address contained in the answer.

Expression reference:

replace(replace(replace(replace(outputs('Compose'),'","',','), '["',''), '"]',''),',',';')

Image reference:

85.PNG

Best Regards,

Community Support Team _ Barry
If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.

View solution in original post

7 REPLIES 7
abm
Super User III
Super User III

Hi @Anonymous 

Here are some of the useful links.

https://powerusers.microsoft.com/t5/General-Flow-Discussion/When-a-Form-is-submitted-send-and-email-and-then-based-on/td-p/76099

https://powerusers.microsoft.com/t5/Building-Flows/Send-emails-to-different-people-based-on-a-form-response/td-p/175604

https://www.lsuhsc.edu/admin/it/helpdesk/office365/office365-flow-send-email.aspx

If you need any futher help please let me know.

If this reply has answered your question or solved your issue, please mark this question as answered. Answered questions helps users in the future who may have the same issue or question quickly find a resolution via search. If you liked my response, please consider giving it a thumbs up.

Thanks

Did I answer your question? Mark my post as a solution!

If you liked my response, please consider giving it a thumbs up

Proud to be a Flownaut!

Learn more from my blogPower Automate Video Tutorials
Gristy
Resident Rockstar
Resident Rockstar

Yes you can do conditions based on each question on the form - please post a screenshot to understand how far you have gotten.

abm
Super User III
Super User III

Hi @Anonymous 

Thanks for the quick reply.

I haven't tried this out. Like @Gristy  mentioned please post a screenshot. We could look into this and let you know.

If this reply has answered your question or solved your issue, please mark this question as answered. Answered questions helps users in the future who may have the same issue or question quickly find a resolution via search. If you liked my response, please consider giving it a thumbs up.

Thanks

Did I answer your question? Mark my post as a solution!

If you liked my response, please consider giving it a thumbs up

Proud to be a Flownaut!

Learn more from my blogPower Automate Video Tutorials
Anonymous
Not applicable

This is just an example, I have 30 possibilities. What I thought was basically using a Condition with an Or for every possibility but I'm not quite sure about it.

Not sure if it was clear enough though.

I don't believe this is the smartest way to do it but here is the screenshot: 

Sem título.png

Anonymous
Not applicable

Great content, really helped me. The thing is, My forms has multiple choices like:

Question 1: Reminder, there's an e-mail associated for every item below (The respondent can only choose 1 option for this part)

Person x  (email@email.com)

Person y  (email1@email.com)

Person z (email2@email.com)

Question 2: (Multiple choices, Can choose person l, k and c).

Person l (email6@email.com)

Person k (email5@email.com)

Person c (email4@email.com)

Assuming that respondent chose person x for question 1 and l, k and c for question 2 I need it to send an e-mail for x, l, k, c. Whatever choice the respondent choose for both questions an e-mail has to be sent for every choice

Hope you understand! 

Hi @Anonymous ,

Dynamic content seems to meet your needs, you just need to fill the Dynamic content of the corresponding question in the To field of Send email notification action.

For the Multiple choice of Question2, you need to use the expression to get the email address contained in the answer.

Expression reference:

replace(replace(replace(replace(outputs('Compose'),'","',','), '["',''), '"]',''),',',';')

Image reference:

85.PNG

Best Regards,

Community Support Team _ Barry
If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.

View solution in original post

Anonymous
Not applicable

Thank you very much for the hep guys!!!!!!!!!

Worked as I expected to. 

Look forward to learning much more about flow!           (:

Helpful resources

Announcements
Process Advisor

Introducing Process Advisor

Check out the new Process Advisor community forum board!

MPA User Group

Welcome to the User Group Public Preview

Check out new user group experience and if you are a leader please create your group

MBAS on Demand

Microsoft Business Applications Summit sessions

On-demand access to all the great content presented by the product teams and community members! #MSBizAppsSummit #CommunityRocks

Users online (70,676)