cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Frequent Visitor

Forms card in teams does not trigger flow

Hello team,

Apologies for the fairly simple question as I am a newbie in forms and flows. I can't find any documentation on limitations. In particular, I am trying to implement a flow that trigger every time a new response is submitted to a form. This works fine if I create the form in "forms.microsoft.com" and then add the form as a tab to a team in teams.

The problem I have is that if I create a quick form card in a teams chat and then create the flow that should trigger on response submission, it never gets triggered. I am wondering if there is a limitation/condition on how the form is created/shared to be able to trigger flows?

thank you for the assistance 

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Super User II
Super User II

Hello @Silviop 

Currently that's not possible. You can only trigger a flow from forms if it is created from Forms app, and not a quick poll from Teams. You can submit this idea to UserVoice: https://powerusers.microsoft.com/t5/Power-Automate-Ideas/idb-p/MPAIdeas

Hope it helps!

Ferran

Did I answer your question? Please consider to mark my post as a solution to help others.
Proud to be a Flownaut!

View solution in original post

4 REPLIES 4
Super User II
Super User II

Hello @Silviop 

Currently that's not possible. You can only trigger a flow from forms if it is created from Forms app, and not a quick poll from Teams. You can submit this idea to UserVoice: https://powerusers.microsoft.com/t5/Power-Automate-Ideas/idb-p/MPAIdeas

Hope it helps!

Ferran

Did I answer your question? Please consider to mark my post as a solution to help others.
Proud to be a Flownaut!

View solution in original post

thank you, that explains. How can I figure out this type of limitations in the future? apart from asking on this forum, is there a place where these are described? I didn't realise a quick form created in a chat was so different than if I create it in app.

Hello @Silviop 

I agree with you from the end user perspective. I could only say that, in this case, check if there is a trigger in Power Automate that covers what you need. 

Apart from that, there's a roadmap of new features that will be added to the Microsoft 365 platform here: https://www.microsoft.com/en-us/microsoft-365/roadmap?filters=

Ferran

Proud to be a Flownaut!

Hi @Silviop,

When you add the MS Form into the Channel tab in Microsoft Teams, please select add an existing form, you could pre-create it in the site of MS Form:

Annotation 2020-04-15 170145.png

Then create the Flow as below:

Annotation 2020-04-15 170414.png

Best Regards,
Community Support Team _ Lin Tu
If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.

Helpful resources

Announcements
Community Conference

Power Platform Community Conference

Check out the on demand sessions that are available now!

MPA Community Blog

Power Automate Community Blog

Check out the community blog page where you can find valuable learning material from community and product team members!

Top Solution Authors
Top Kudoed Authors
Users online (7,375)