cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
skindu
Helper III
Helper III

Forms choice values replace list

I have a form with a field with the various bussibess departments, in which the user chooses 1 option.
- Technology
- Finance
- Innovation
- Quality
- Human resources
- Education

What I want is for the sharepoint not to store the full name, but the corresponding abbreviation?
- IT
- FIN
- INO
- QUA
- HR
- EDU

July can do for the nestead replace, but with a lot of values ​​they get very complex, is there a simpler way?

Thanks

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
ScottShearer
Super User
Super User

@skindu 

I would consider using a series of conditions to set a variable.  Use the variable when setting the value in SharePoint.

image.png

If I have answered your question, please mark your post as Solved.
If you like my response, please give it a Thumbs Up.

Scott

View solution in original post

2 REPLIES 2
ScottShearer
Super User
Super User

@skindu 

I would consider using a series of conditions to set a variable.  Use the variable when setting the value in SharePoint.

image.png

If I have answered your question, please mark your post as Solved.
If you like my response, please give it a Thumbs Up.

Scott

Hi, thanks

It was also for you, but this creates a structure that is difficult to maintain, what I was looking for would be a way to change through an array, that is, an array, to the input values, corresponded to the value of another in the output array in the same position .

This example uses only 6 values, and it is already a little difficult to maintain, if you have 20 values, then I will die 😂😂😂

Helpful resources

Announcements
Microsoft 365 Conference – December 6-8, 2022

Microsoft 365 Conference – December 6-8, 2022

Join us in Las Vegas to experience community, incredible learning opportunities, and connections that will help grow skills, know-how, and more.

Users online (2,856)