cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
GabeK

Forms dynamic content not supported for Microsoft Teams Connectors - Create a Chat

Hello, 

I am trying to create a flow where a Teams chat is created and named dynamically after being triggered by a submission to a form. We also want the individual who submits the form to be included in this chat. 

I've set up the flow as follows:

Trigger: When a new form response is submitted

Flow step: Create a chat with our team + the responder, post a message in the newly created chat summarizing the answers in the form. The chat should also be named dynamically based on the answer to one of the form's fields.

GabeK_0-1660686538346.png

The problem is, any use of dynamic content causes the form to fail. When all dynamic content is removed, the chat is created without issue. 

Error: Action 'Create_a_chat; failed -> "Exception has been thrown by the target of an invocation."

Any ideas on how to get this to work as intended? As a new PA user, help would be greatly appreciated! 

Thanks 😊

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
GabeK

UPDATE: I was able to get this to work just by deleting and re-adding the dynamic tags in the "create a chat" connector. Not sure why it wasn't working earlier. Will close this thread for now.

Thanks again to those who were willing to help 🙂 

View solution in original post

4 REPLIES 4
LizzieSmith

Here is the process I used. It gets the dynamic content dropped perfectly into a Teams channel each time 🙂

LizzieSmith_0-1661182669327.png

This is the outcome within Teams:

LizzieSmith_1-1661182711355.png

CFernandes
Super User
Super User

Hey @GabeK - I can reproduce the problem and post this problem at - https://github.com/MicrosoftDocs/BusinessApplicationPlatform-Connectors-public/issues/572 

Please add you comments on the above thread. 

If this reply has answered your question or solved your issue, please mark this question as answered. Answered questions helps users in the future who may have the same issue or question quickly find a resolution via search. If you liked my response, please consider giving it a thumbs up. THANKS!

P.S. take a look at my blog here and like & subscribe to my YouTube Channel thanks.

Hi Lizzie,

Thank you for your response! 

When dynamic content is removed from the "create a chat" connector, everything else works:

GabeK_0-1661192239816.png

GabeK_1-1661192331293.png

So this helps narrow down the issue - essentially I am looking for a solution to dynamically create, populate, and name team chats. In an ideal scenario, the user who submitted the form would be added to the chat as well, and the chat name would change based on their response. 

In the screenshots you've provided, form answers are being sent in a message to a pre-existing chat, so I'm not sure its quite the same scenario. However, if you have a possible solution to the "create a chat" connector, please share! 

GabeK

UPDATE: I was able to get this to work just by deleting and re-adding the dynamic tags in the "create a chat" connector. Not sure why it wasn't working earlier. Will close this thread for now.

Thanks again to those who were willing to help 🙂 

Helpful resources

Announcements
Microsoft 365 Conference – December 6-8, 2022

Microsoft 365 Conference – December 6-8, 2022

Join us in Las Vegas to experience community, incredible learning opportunities, and connections that will help grow skills, know-how, and more.

Users online (2,466)