cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Robert_J
Frequent Visitor

Forms to Excel stored on Sharepoint NOT OneDrive

Hi,

I read that it's impossible to do the action "Insert row" in Excel file stored on SP (https://powerusers.microsoft.com/t5/Connecting-To-Data/Excel-Get-Rows-from-file-stored-on-SharePoint...) . Can anybody show a solution to this? Some kind of syncing one file (NOT a folder) between OneDrive, where it's stored and modified with Sharepoint one?

Thanks

aaaaaa.jpg

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

Hi @Robert_J ,

The "Add a row into a table" action could also add rows to the sharepoint file:

1.png

And if you want to copy file from OneDrive to sharepoint, you could refer to screenshot below to create the flow:

2.png

Best Regards,

Alice

Community Support Team _ Alice Zhang
If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.

View solution in original post

6 REPLIES 6
ChristianAbata
Super User II
Super User II

hi @Robert_J  is possible please add this action

addrow.PNG

Did I answer your question? Please consider to Mark
my post as a solution! to guide others :winking_face:

Proud to be a Flownaut!

If you want you can follow me at www.christianabata.com Quieres contenido en español? Síguenos en Power Automate LA
v-alzhan-msft
Community Support
Community Support

Hi @Robert_J ,

Do you save the file in your OneDrive for business and want to insert a row to excel table?

As @ChristianAbata  said, you could use the "Add a row into a table" action of Excel online (Business) connector, an you could choose the corresponding location for this excel file in your OneDrive for business.

1.png

Best Regards,

Alice

If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.

Robert_J
Frequent Visitor

I can save Forms into Excel file stored in OneDrive. That works. What I need is to save Forms into Excel file stored in Sharepoint. Excel actions like "Insert row" or "Add row into a table" works with files in OneDrive NOT Sharepoint. I put the link, where It's discussed. I need any workaround which for instance copy or sync the Excel file from OneDrive to Sharepoint or any other solution.

Hi @Robert_J ,

The "Add a row into a table" action could also add rows to the sharepoint file:

1.png

And if you want to copy file from OneDrive to sharepoint, you could refer to screenshot below to create the flow:

2.png

Best Regards,

Alice

View solution in original post

hi @Robert_J  as @v-alzhan-msft  says the action that I mendtion works with One Drive and Sharepoint. If you don't see your site in the dropdown list is because you don't have permission in the site, Maeby in a folder. You need to have Library persisions to access.

Did I answer your question? Please consider to Mark
my post as a solution! to guide others :winking_face:

Proud to be a Flownaut!

If you want you can follow me at www.christianabata.com Quieres contenido en español? Síguenos en Power Automate LA

Works very well. Thank you. And how to do that with multiple files and delete all the original files after that?

Helpful resources

Announcements
MPA User Group

Welcome to the User Group Public Preview

Check out new user group experience and if you are a leader please create your group

MBAS on Demand

Microsoft Business Applications Summit sessions

On-demand access to all the great content presented by the product teams and community members! #MSBizAppsSummit #CommunityRocks

MBAS Attendee Badge

Claim Your Badge & Digital Swag!

Check out how to claim yours today!

secondImage

Are Your Ready?

Test your skills now with the Cloud Skill Challenge.

Top Solution Authors
Top Kudoed Authors
Users online (24,966)